Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, stagedamager said:

Getting enough heat in these authentic yarwoods rivets is a bit of a bugger though.

No need, when it came to the wooden boats they just used oak welding rods to secure the rivets you've shown from the back.

What leaves me on the edge of my seat with indifference is these vendors whom wax lyrically in such a knowledgeable way about the history of their treasure, yet don't even know who built it. 

Last week Gorse got the "Ford Viva" treatment, just a few days later and we have another!

Perhaps it's time for another reprint of The George and Mary?

9 hours ago, stagedamager said:

Getting enough heat in these authentic yarwoods rivets is a bit of a bugger though.

20200601_223131.jpg

I can never get these buggers to give a watertight seal, ive tried everything

Didn't Starcross pass threw maffers last year think it was looked very um unstable

On 30/05/2020 at 11:33, Tim Lewis said:

I think I'm right in saying there are 2 Gorses for sale now - one being the rugby boats one and the other being the one which was at Alvecote last year and sold on the duck over the winter??

I may be wrong but the info came from a reliable source?

5 hours ago, Halsey said:

I think I'm right in saying there are 2 Gorses for sale now - one being the rugby boats one and the other being the one which was at Alvecote last year and sold on the duck over the winter??

I may be wrong but the info came from a reliable source?

The original GORSE has been in two parts for the past 60 years or so. The one that was for sale at Alvecote last year is the original fore end, whilst the one currently at Rugby Boats is the original stern end. It would be great to see these two parts re-united in the same way that the small Northwich motor ANTLIA was in the mid 1990's, but this would need a really dedicated owner to see this through :captain:

16 hours ago, Admiral said:

Yarwoods Historic butty for sale! Apologies if this has already been posted!

Butty for sale

16 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

And is a Walkers big Ricky 

13 hours ago, zenataomm said:

What leaves me on the edge of my seat with indifference is these vendors whom wax lyrically in such a knowledgeable way about the history of their treasure, yet don't even know who built it. 

Last week Gorse got the "Ford Viva" treatment, just a few days later and we have another!

And this boat is highly unlikely to be STARCROSS, even though it has carried this name for the best part of 30 years (previously named ADVENTURER and had a conventional cabin conversion and an Armstrong Siddeley AS2 - owner c1980 told me it was either SURBITON or STAVERTON, either of which are much more likely) :captain:

28 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

The original GORSE has been in two parts for the past 60 years or so. The one that was for sale at Alvecote last year is the original fore end, whilst the one currently at Rugby Boats is the original stern end. It would be great to see these two parts re-united in the same way that the small Northwich motor ANTLIA was in the mid 1990's, but this would need a really dedicated owner to see this through :captain:

At the end of which you have one boat having paid for two.

Unless, of course, you do a Diamond or Tardebigge and weld the two new bits together to sell as a second boat.

On 30/05/2020 at 11:33, Tim Lewis said:

5 hours ago, pete harrison said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen today - the original fore end of GORSE on Apollo Duck :captain:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/yarwoods-river-class/637624

edit = not too sure what the 'river class' bit is all about !

Edited by pete harrison

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen today - the original fore end of GORSE on Apollo Duck :captain:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/yarwoods-river-class/637624

edit = not too sure what the 'river class' bit is all about !

I knew it was - the seller is the soon to be new owner of Princess Anne!

Hi guys, iam still in the market for an unconverted motor for the  purpose  Of commercial carrying. I’ve been keeping an eye out on the usual websites, but even after saving for 2 years 40+k is still out of reach. I’ve been reading a old thread about the pair at weedon and was wondering if anyone had any intel on Edgware other that what has been posted. Do we know who actually owns the pair? I know they both have been in a state of disrepair for some time and I seam to recall seeing some concerning holes around the back chine on Edgware last time I when past her and am sure the fun and games will really start below the water line. Tragically, that been said this is the condition of  boat my budget is likely get me whilst leaving the nessasary cash to make the repairs to get going.lol It may be some time before I’ll be attending any rally in full colours. Alternatively, I don’t seam to be having much luck waiting for the right boat to turn up at the usual brokerage websites, so was wondering if anybody knows of any other good potential leads I can chase up?  My budget currently is 20k but might b able to pull some strings to around 25k. laughable! I know but if not I’ll have to carry on saving, but thought it was worth an ask. thanks in advance. Darren 

13 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Hi guys, iam still in the market for an unconverted motor for the  purpose  Of commercial carrying. I’ve been keeping an eye out on the usual websites, but even after saving for 2 years 40+k is still out of reach. I’ve been reading a old thread about the pair at weedon and was wondering if anyone had any intel on Edgware other that what has been posted. Do we know who actually owns the pair? I know they both have been in a state of disrepair for some time and I seam to recall seeing some concerning holes around the back chine on Edgware last time I when past her and am sure the fun and games will really start below the water line. Tragically, that been said this is the condition of  boat my budget is likely get me whilst leaving the nessasary cash to make the repairs to get going.lol It may be some time before I’ll be attending any rally in full colours. Alternatively, I don’t seam to be having much luck waiting for the right boat to turn up at the usual brokerage websites, so was wondering if anybody knows of any other good potential leads I can chase up?  My budget currently is 20k but might b able to pull some strings to around 25k. laughable! I know but if not I’ll have to carry on saving, but thought it was worth an ask. thanks in advance. Darren 

Have you approached the owner of Ascot and the Butty Beverley , I suspect he may be open to an offer though Ascot clearly needs some work .

27 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

If you look at the price of an unconverted boat that is in a suitable condition for carrying, THAT is the price you will have to pay to end up with a boat fit for carrying.

You may manage to buy one for half the price that needs work doing, but I can guarantee you will spend at least the other half getting it fit for work.  We all would like to believe different, but it isn't.  Been there, done it!  Sorry to be a wet blanket.

32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The owner of Edgeware and Balham has plans apparently, and isnt in need of finance, just time.

Oh I see deadens there then. Thanks for the info tho ?

21 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

Have you approached the owner of Ascot and the Butty Beverley , I suspect he may be open to an offer though Ascot clearly needs some work .

Hi there thanks for the tip where abouts is Ascot and Beverley, I don’t believe I’ve seen them out and about? Also do you know the owner? 

7 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

If you look at the price of an unconverted boat that is in a suitable condition for carrying, THAT is the price you will have to pay to end up with a boat fit for carrying.

You may manage to buy one for half the price that needs work doing, but I can guarantee you will spend at least the other half getting it fit for work.  We all would like to believe different, but it isn't.  Been there, done it!  Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Thanks, iam aware of the price of restoration as I have already been there myself. Ian not looking for a magic  scenario here, just a starting point as it’s difficult to put the finiance in place in one lump sum. Previously I’ve managed to stagger the cost over a period of time lol and typically that results in spending more money in the end but such is life. 

10 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Oh I see deadens there then. Thanks for the info tho ?

Hi there thanks for the tip where abouts is Ascot and Beverley, I don’t believe I’ve seen them out and about? Also do you know the owner? 

Yes Darren let me ping you a PM with his number . He is a Yorkshireman so I have warned you ?