Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

No but we did help them through Stone Locks once.

Get Dev to show her around, the flowers in the engine room should do it

Richard

Edited by RLWP
  • Haha 1

Ive got lots of odd spitfire bits buried in various toolboxes. Fix the boat , those bolts and plasters will never heal and i can do you a part exchange. I guarantee at least one bit is unique. I’ll think about how much adjustment you will need later. I need the odd woolwich spare part

21 hours ago, Derek R. said:

Aaah! That was biscuits that dropped that one in here. For amusement I expect.

21 hours ago, RLWP said:

I'll give him a good kick for both of us next time I see him

Busted.  :D

More seriously, I was discussing what defines an historic boat with Ian on OXFORD at the weekend.  I know the HNBC define it as being pre 1965 boats, but that's going to end in "ten green bottles ..." at some point in the future.

The National Historic Ships Register defines them as being 50 years old, which seems more sensible to me.  Obviously this definition might start letting Springers into the HNBC, and that wouldn't do!

There are quite a few narrowboats that are of historical interest that were built after 1966 in my opinion.

ANNA, Roger Lorenz No 2 (1985?) is certainly one of them.  ACHILLES, as commissioned by @fanshaft (1970?) Is another.  These are unique boats with an interesting tale behind them, but they will never qualify for HNBC.

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

but that's going to end in "ten green bottles ..." at some point in the future.

Veteran and Vintage cars have kept the same definition for Donkeys.  ( sorry! )  Later ones are 'Classic' - even the mass-produced rubbish ones.

13 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

ANNA, Roger Lorenz No 2 (1985?) is certainly one of them.  ACHILLES, as commissioned by @fanshaft (1970?) Is another.  These are unique boats with an interesting tale behind them, but they will never qualify for HNBC.

ANNA is one of Roger Fuller's earlier builds I believe (for his in-laws), and ACHILLES was built in 1972 as a fairly standard Hopwood Craft, Burton on Trent pleasure boat. The butty I used to work was also built in 1972 by Hopwood Craft, initially at 50' but lengthened in 1976 to 70' and renamed. Whether these are or will ever be considered to be of historical importance only time will tell :captain:

1 minute ago, pete harrison said:

ANNA is one of Roger Fuller's earlier builds I believe (for his in-laws), and ACHILLES was built in 1972 as a fairly standard Hopwood Craft, Burton on Trent pleasure boat. The butty I used to work was also built in 1972 by Hopwood Craft, initially at 50' but lengthened in 1976 to 70' and renamed. Whether these are or will ever be considered to be of historical importance only time will tell :captain:

The ANNA I was thinking of was certainly Lorenz built, and is the scale model of an L&L short boat, commissioned by Alan Holden to his design. 

el-festival-del-canal-de-leeds-liverpool

Is there a different ANNA that you are referring to, Pete?

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The ANNA I was thinking of was certainly Lorenz built, and is the scale model of an L&L short boat, commissioned by Alan Holden to his design. 

Sorry, wrong ANNA - yes this is Lorenz built.

The Roger Fuller built ANNA is more F.M.C. Ltd. influenced in its design :captain:

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

el-festival-del-canal-de-leeds-liverpool

Leicester Marina, £26,000: https://www.leicestermarina.co.uk/brokerage

Richard

36 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Leicester Marina, £26,000: https://www.leicestermarina.co.uk/brokerage

Richard

I won't say bad words.

I won't say bad words.

I also won't say that I know what Alan took for her,  to someone he thought would keep and appreciate her as a unique boat.

It's probably bad of me to say that I was on the trusted list to buy her but MrsBiscuit thought ANNA was the wrong boat for us.  I was offered her before she went on general sale the first time, and I think if they sell her for that they should post Alan a cheque!

18 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Speaking of Lorenz boats,. ALBION (Lorenz #1 Pete!) is moored near us at the moment.

Anyone know how @junior is doing?

20190709_114419.jpg

Wrong Albion!

The Lorenz one is on the GU 

Edited by Loddon

25 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Wrong Albion!

The Lorenz one is on the GU 

Ah.  I spotted a tug named ALBION and jumped to a conclusion!

Thanks for the correction.

20 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

He's a police man now, Manchester I think

Thanks Brian.

22 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You would think that someone who lives in a marina and services/sells boats for a living would be able to spell Elsan and immersion by now...

I can't read it, it's all mixed together and jumbled up.