Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Railway talk......... needs another thread!  ;)

I do not know about another thread - more like needs discussing on a Forum related to puffer trains :captain:

27 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think Dehli dropped off the "Duck" for a while.

It is now listed again.....

https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/yarwoods-station-boat/573513

But has been continuously on Ebay, or at least it has every time I have looked - and currently £450 more on Ebay than Apollo Duck :captain:

18 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I think Dehli dropped off the "Duck" for a while.

It is now listed again.....

https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/yarwoods-station-boat/573513

By sheer chance it says it is at Lymm in Cheshire, which just happens to be where we are also currently moored.  I haven't spotted it yet, though!

17 hours ago, pete harrison said:

But has been continuously on Ebay, or at least it has every time I have looked - and currently £450 more on Ebay than Apollo Duck :captain:

I passed Dehli on its home moorings this morning.  A very attractive boat, but like others of the type in a similar paint scheme the LMS Crimson Lake, (or whatever the exact colour is) is definitely on the way out in the way that those kind of reds usually are.

If interested, I think I'd want t0 negotiate a potential repaint, particularly given the current high asking price.

Edited by alan_fincher

18 hours ago, pete harrison said:

I do not know about another thread - more like needs discussing on a Forum related to puffer trains :captain:

My fault for mentioning a certain Scotsman that doesn't have much puff.  Sorry.

Now someone has mentioned 'LMS Crimson lake'...…...

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Is Dodona 50’ or 57’? - states both in the ad (I thought it was 50’ but not so sure now!)

It’s 50ft.  A very attractive boat at a good price but the Lister SR3 and the non-authentic counter would put some people off.  I don’t know if he is leaving all the cabin brasses but I was once told they take 3 hours to polish!

Paul

34 minutes ago, Paul H said:

It’s 50ft.  A very attractive boat at a good price but the Lister SR3 and the non-authentic counter would put some people off.  I don’t know if he is leaving all the cabin brasses but I was once told they take 3 hours to polish!

Paul

I once spent an interesting 3 hours or more searching through the 'stuff' in the hold before I finally found a pair of matching brass escutcheons.

Wonder what happened to it? Maybe it's part of the joblot.

Edited by Graham_Robinson

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RLWP said:

Formerly a forum member's boat

Richard

Yes it was (maybe still is) owned by Henk, and was called Luctor, I met him when he was in Bradford on Avon and donated my old Engel fridge to him. From memory his forum name was "Luctor et Emergo"

3 hours ago, wiltshirewonderer said:

https://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/register/2583/heart-gold

Currently for sale for £10k on K&A boaters Facebook page. Needs a new bottom but could make a nice project for someone.....

Is this a closed group?

If it is, it's probably not the best medium for advertising a boat for sale!

23 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Is this a closed group?

If it is, it's probably not the best medium for advertising a boat for sale!

I found it on Facebook under 'narrow boat for sale' - but quite a way down the page :captain:

edit = change the word boats to boat

Edited by pete harrison

18 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

A change of name might help!

When I worked on the boats I had a 3 gallon Can with the centre band lettered 'Effingham Hall', but as with all of my boating stuff I gave it away when I packed in during the Spring of 1985 - something I was soon to regret as we went on to buy BADSEY and BARNES a couple of years later and so had to buy all new boating gear, but at least you find it fairly easily back then :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

13 hours ago, pete harrison said:

When I worked on the boats I had a 3 gallon Can with the centre band lettered 'Effingham Hall', but as with all of my boating stuff I gave it away when I packed in during the Spring of 1985 - something I was soon to regret as we went on to buy BADSEY and BARNES a couple of years later and so had to buy all new boating gear, but at least you find it fairly easily back then :captain:

Sure it was not Farkham Hall?

• Haha 1

We had mecca for a few years sister to dehli. Because of the low station boat hull sides she was low inside. Especially the stern cabin . The prop shaft meant the floor was very high.

in order to look good cabin height was sacrificied for the look. Im 5’10 and put my back out in her a few times.

you need a town class....

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

As a matter of interest - is there anyone here that is familiar with Dehli/Delhi who might know what sort of headroom it has? 

I’d guess that any “proper boat” will leave you short of headroom in the back cabin, even a town class. One of the pleasures of having the engine in the right place unfortunately. You may find something with hydraulic drive which would sort the issue but they aren’t common. 

Of course that’s just the back cabin, everything forward of that you’ll be fine, and it’s a small price for having such a vessel. I’d suggest getting something with a nice heavy lump, a jp3 maybe, and a draught around 3’.

Keep it on your mooring and cruise up and down the canal every weekend.. 

10 minutes ago, Derek R. said:

Just how much walking around do you do in a back cabin though? First thing I do is sit down; to stoke the range, access the table cupboard, eat or drink, and crouch to drop/raise the cross bed.

This is my experience too. Not sure I ever need to stand up straight in one and it always puzzles my why so many people find it such an issue.