Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I can't see it hanging around long.

I might have said that about "Birmingham".

Same type of boat, virtually same engine, same price.

We shall see I guess, but I've been told I'm not to vaguely consider buying either!

• Greenie 1

21 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I can't see it hanging around long.

20 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I am a little surprised that neither BIRMINGHAM (£49950) or EFFINGHAM (£45000) have sold, but of course we do not know how much interest there has been in these boats, or the results of any surveys. Both of these look pretty good boats to me (with my limited knowledge of their renovations). and along with HAMPSTEAD (£49950) are all ready to move in to and enjoy some boating straight away.

I do wonder how many potential purchasers of these boats appreciate the costs involved in renovating / restoring to the standards seen here, unless of course they have all of the required skills to complete these works themselves :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

I must say that Hampstead "benefits from" (estate-agent-speak) a particularly fine set of photos: the one with her leaving the lock would grace any boatimag or calendar. Advertisers who illustrate their adverts with shabby snaps of bits of boat, sometimes not even the right way up, would do well to take note.

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

I am a little surprised that neither BIRMINGHAM (£49950) or EFFINGHAM (£45000) have sold, but of course we do not know how much interest there has been in these boats, or the results of any surveys. Both of these look pretty good boats to me (with my limited knowledge of their renovations). and along with HAMPSTEAD (£49950) are all ready to move in to and enjoy some boating straight away.

I do wonder how many potential purchasers of these boats appreciate the costs involved in renovating / restoring to the standards seen here, unless of course they have all of the required skills to complete these works themselves :captain:

Yes, pretty much this!

2 hours ago, pete harrison said:

Absolutely spot on.  Our historic boat cost £8K.  It has cost more than £70K to renovate it.

43 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Here's an interesting  historic boat one of only 3 made excellent local pedigree

https://www.shipsforsale.com/en/ships-en/shipid/1043/raddningskryssare_3_gemini-explorer/

A build date of 1974 does not put it in 'historic boat' territory for me, even if it is does have some riveted construction. Interesting boat though :captain:

36 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Gardeners......... lovely.

Cough, cough...…………………….. Gardners surely :captain:

On 30/04/2019 at 19:09, alan_fincher said:

We shall see I guess, but I've been told I'm not to vaguely consider buying either!

It's them dodgy old Lister engines that put me off buying any of 'em!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There is an option to purchase a National with Hampstead ?

15 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

A build date of 1974 does not put it in 'historic boat' territory for me, even if it is does have some riveted construction. Interesting boat though :captain:

Cough, cough...…………………….. Gardners surely :captain:

He he of course. Just been gardening spreading wood ash. Corrected.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just as well!

If you don't appreciate the Listers, you are hardly a suitable custodian for the boats!

• Happy 1

22 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Just as well!

If you don't appreciate the Listers, you are hardly a suitable custodian for the boats!

True. I’d probably put a full length cabin on one too, as well as fit an interesting engine,  if i bought one... ?

1 hour ago, archie57 said:

who in their right mind would want one of those...…….!

If someone wants a RN they could probably have a 70 foot boat as well for less than the price  paid for the engine when new. but its up for auction tomorrow http://dreamonnarrowboat.blogspot.com/2019/04/qui-sauvera-le-bearly-afloat-un.html