Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

The stern wasn't cut off, the counter round was removed and the sternpost extended upwards, two new plates fitted to raise the height of the swim, making a not-very-attractive stern end, it has to be said! Close inspection should reveal the boss for the stern tube still present. When  it's sister boat "Dory" was rebuilt, these plates were removed and the swim restored, and the stern tube hole used again!

4 hours ago, archie57 said:

The stern wasn't cut off, the counter round was removed and the sternpost extended upwards, two new plates fitted to raise the height of the swim, making a not-very-attractive stern end, it has to be said! Close inspection should reveal the boss for the stern tube still present. When  it's sister boat "Dory" was rebuilt, these plates were removed and the swim restored, and the stern tube hole used again!

What is now the bow is what waterways put on as a butty stern based on the river class back end? The bow was later cut off and squared off you can see the bow last parts of the guards and in the photos you can see the turn in of the bow plates.  You can also see the stern sideways t stud has been retained for the bow 

Edited by djgoode1980
  • Greenie 1

9 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

The seller has produced a really good website https://www.ballinger.online/   I'm sure that this will result in a speedy sale.  

Totally agree - I've not seen a better attempt to promote a boat for sale, (not even yours, Jim, sorry!).

I'm not sure about what looks like floral wallpaper, nor indeed the practicalities of a carpeted engine room, but other than that, it looks superb.

£50K initially sounds a lot for 50 foot of Bantock, but at  £1,000 per foot you would have something totally unique.  Buy a modern boat, and you can easily pay more than that for something that whilst nicely fitted and very pratical, is also totally run of the mill.

I have two "historics" already - if I didn't I'd certainly take a look at Ballinger.

Apart from the flywheel, there's a big alternator under there. Stops clothing from getting snagged when running.

It's very 'bitty'. Internally not attractive, ditto outside. I can see a bit of 'steam punk' in the tunnel light, bit close to the T stud though. That's designers for you. Someone will love it.

3 hours ago, Paul H said:

Liz (ex-Elizabeth)

Bantock - possibly.

Tug/icebreaker - unlikely

60s conversion by someone like Harris Brothers - likely

I've never seen a Harris Brothers conversion with anything other than an almost flat transom stern.

That said the swim has obviously been done by pulling the original sides in in the style of Harris Brothers.  It also looks to be a very short swim, another Harris Brothers feature.