Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

On 20/01/2019 at 10:42, Cloudinspector said:

old news she has been for sale for The last 3 years or so, my offer was rejected, she needs outer cabin work, 20-30foot of bottoms, if not done some work to the engine fuel system, most of the rub guards are not fitted. there is quite alot of work when you consider what needs doing, the owner is really nice but there has been alot of work needed thats not been done. I also can't remember but i think the back counter block was tinned all round, it's also got a very odd back counter block, something just dosnt make its shape look right,

my dad sold ken the 15hp bolinder to put into beech but that never happened.

Edited by billybobbooth

...when I spoke with the owner the 15k included the costs of having the 30 odd foot of bottoms - which are urgent I understand - done rather than selling her for a more realistic figure to someone buying her as a cheap get afloat boat but unable to do the urgent work and lose her....Ive got some pictures somewhere...will dig them out...

shame she wasn't giving that offer when we looked, well unless there has been work done sence, the bildge pump kicks in every 20-30mins for about 30secs-1min.

and by the tar and patches all over the floor its a needs doing that it will last.

as said it's a nice boat and one I was very excited to see and really wanted, i liked her but there was just far to much work for the price, if bottoms had come with price it might have persuaded me more

..yeah - same for me....owner was really nice and straight forward - I totally got what she meant about not selling her for the 2 or 3 k? she was worth now but for something that included the quick work that needed doing....unfortunately I think it means shes a hard boat to buy.....

On 19/10/2018 at 12:13, pete harrison said:

that colour (Italian Racing Red) is stunning on that shape XK

Nahh... Kyanite Blue :)

E241A4E1-FCED-42B9-97CC-0BFEF854DCC1.jpeg.2756a5fdc4ea895bfe09f802ee4facaa.jpeg

Also an award-winner ;)

I’d also love this but don’t have the £1m to buy it...

8C5E4E04-908C-4F47-8FF2-509A7142CDFB.jpeg.a08f3f412ff17c7c9a3a31884f07a78d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Athy said:

What's that? Wild guess:a Delahaye.

Whatever it is it's outstanding.  Having done a little bit of panel beating in my time, I can appreciate the art in that.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:59, matty40s said:

We passed Duke on Monday on the Leeds Liverpool near Burscough and I’ve just heard that a chap in Scarisbrick marina has bought it, which is where it currently resides.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:59, matty40s said:

Advert gone:

Sorry, but the Duke-1931 Royalty Motor 72ft Historic NB listing has already been removed.

Get an email notification when another vessel like this is listed

We also have the following similar vessels currently advertised:

Not a narrowboat but certainly historic, “Jumbo” a boat I’ve admired for years. Described as a 1923 gentleman’s yacht, she’s moored on the 5 mile pound above Beeston lock on the Trent. What really interested me though was the engine. 1944 Coventry Diesel, 4 cylinder, 2 stroke supercharged! 

Luckily it comes with a spare engine. 

16F381E5-97F9-4D8C-9B09-23E3422410A9.png

B28E2C99-D2F7-42E9-BBF9-380B25D8B18E.png

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, harrybsmith said:

No expert at all but this looks to be a shortened historic hull of some sort. Powered by a Kelvin P4

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/506182159890323/

Not much old boat as far as I can see. I'll ask Darren

Richard

MORE: About 12 feet, probably a lump of BCN boat

Edited by RLWP