Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

This one presumably?

Any more information, please ?

Yes that's it, I'm told it has a leyland engine the mania sale person said £19k. She has a wooden super structure. I can get more details Monday if you wish what would you like to know? 

Not the sals person with a wss 

22 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Is it the SUN previously moored up between the white bear and tesco in Ricky on the backwater formed by the Colne flowing down from just below  lot mead lock and exiting the cut just before batchworth lock on the non towpath side.  Or is that the Gade, I guess its both technically. 

Don't know where previously moored it been here at roydon for a few years. 

Edited by Billy Boy
I don't wish to offend anyone and get a slap :)

28 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Is it the SUN previously moored up between the white bear and tesco in Ricky on the backwater formed by the Colne flowing down from just below  lot mead lock and exiting the cut just before batchworth lock on the non towpath side.  Or is that the Gade, I guess its both technically. 

Going down from Lot Mead the first water that joins is the Gade and the 2nd the Colne. Further down by Ricky Lock near where Jon Stores was you have the Chess. Hence three valleys.

Yes I know. The two rivers flowing down the cut above Batchworth are therefore the Colne and the Gade. This water exits above Batchworth lock and flows round past the White Bear (where there are some moorings) then rejoins the canal by Tesco where it then flows directly across and joins the Chess which has come down from the other side of the canal. The weir beside the rarely used lock at Batchworth is the Chess hence Chess basin where the lift bridge is. 

There are loads of interesting water flows there including a small culvert under Lot Mead lock flowing from the Gade into one of the lakes. 

Also a bit unusual that Stockers lock has no bywash. The paddles have windows cut out in order to keep the pound below from going too low. There is a small overspill weir with a sluice half way between Stockers and Springwell to account for any excess water. 

As I understand it. 

Anyway sorry to be off topic. 

Sun looks an interesting boat. 

Edited by magnetman

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

I see it's open to offers for a quick sale.

Yes, should be a good buy for someone. A lot to do, with the back cabin removed including the floor being just one major job. 

4 hours ago, ChimneyChain said:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-butty/593059

£72.000 lovely boat can’t think of the name at the mo 

Darren 

Looks like it has been converted for mrsmelly!

(Canaline 52HP engine with just 20 hours on the clock!)

The spelling of Gloucester leads me to think that the advert was written by a gangster from Chicago! 

The engine installation is outstanding, managing to have very little impact on the back cabin. Access looks tight though.