Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

36 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Caldy has always been my favourite boat. I seem to remember there was another with a sImilar stern that used to be in the  GU south area some 25 years ago but I cant remember what it was called.

Yes, a regular attender at Braunston Rally and an occasional poster here. Top geezer whose name and boat name I cannot remember. Duh...

In BW blue also retaining the BW replacement cabin. Immaculate boat whose name begins with "P" I think, and a town name perhaps?

Edit to add:

Remembered it. PURTON!

Also there is CARNABY with the same stern rubbing strakes IIRC

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Remembered it. PURTON!

Also there is CARNABY with the same stern rubbing strakes IIRC

Yes

Years ago i looked at buying Purton but was to slow

Carnaby was the one I was thinking of.

14 hours ago, Admiral said:

LMS Dehli for sale

Dont know if this has been posted!!

Yep,

I recall the previous discussion about what a "zero timed" engine is.

They need to do a bit more editing on the revised advert, which says £77,500 at the top, but " hence the very reluctant sale at £85,000 firm " in the text.

Lovely looking conversion, although I think I would find that particular double bed under the tug deck more than a it claustrophobic.

2 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Somebody please buy it. When it went off market i breathed a sigh of relief. Mrs S adores railway boats and has a bit of a retirement lump sum situation...now its availiable again. Just as well we are 13000 miles away as of today.

Bank transfers know no boundaries!

Always pleased to help Mrs S (if not your bank balance) ?

George

52 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Somebody please buy it. When it went off market i breathed a sigh of relief. Mrs S adores railway boats and has a bit of a retirement lump sum situation...now its availiable again. Just as well we are 13000 miles away as of today.

You could buy Paragon.. I went past it and it still has a little sign on the top.. much less of a dent on the wallet :)

16 minutes ago, sparrowcycles said:

You could buy Paragon.. I went past it and it still has a little sign on the top.. much less of a dent on the wallet :)

I thought paragon had sold.....according to apolo duck 

13 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

No dont like armstrongs, back is a mess, front butchered. Saw it recently. Funds are not issue but ongoing is.. what do you do with two motor boats ?

What’s happens to the front? Or are u talking about the conversion, the back looks like a chop off and start again job 

25 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

I thought paragon had sold.....according to apolo duck 

What’s happens to the front? Or are u talking about the conversion, the back looks like a chop off and start again job 

And before you know it, along with sorting out the cabin, engine room and everything else you have spent the asking price of DEHLI / DELHI - and more :captain:

1 hour ago, Darrenroberts said:

No way I recon you’d get paragon for 20k another 15 sorting her out pending on the condition of the engine. Or is there hidden hull work to be too? Seams like the owners wanted rid for a while I saw her in the towpath newspaper last months classifieds 

It all depends whether you are pricing up a similar spec boat to DEHLI / DELHI or are looking at pricing up an unconverted boat, not to mention what quality of end result you are expecting I.e. professional or D.I.Y.. 

Personally I think the condition of the engine is the least of PARAGON's problems, and I hope you would get it for £20k as they were asking for offers in the region of £15k in their last advert :captain:

4 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

It all depends whether you are pricing up a similar spec boat to DEHLI / DELHI or are looking at pricing up an unconverted boat, not to mention what quality of end result you are expecting I.e. professional or D.I.Y.. 

Personally I think the condition of the engine is the least of PARAGON's problems, and I hope you would get it for £20k as they were asking for offers in the region of £15k in their last advert :captain:

Oh wow price drop again. When I last looked at it I got the impression a group of enthusiasts had lost enthusiasm lol. Do you have any insider knowledge as I had been keeping an eye on her 

2 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Oh wow price drop again. When I last looked at it I got the impression a group of enthusiasts had lost enthusiasm lol. Do you have any insider knowledge as I had been keeping an eye on her 

I have known PARAGON since it was built as it is now, but I have no 'insider knowledge'. The price has been sourced from the most recent Historic Narrow Boat Club NEWSLETTER, and actually says offers over £15k :captain:

3 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

I have known PARAGON since it was built as it is now, but I have no 'insider knowledge'. The price has been sourced from the most recent Historic Narrow Boat Club NEWSLETTER, and actually says offers over £15k :captain:

Hummm I saw it on Apollo duck a few months ago and I swear it mentioned hull repairs needed but every other advert I’ve seen it didn’t mention that? 

18 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Hummm I saw it on Apollo duck a few months ago and I swear it mentioned hull repairs needed but every other advert I’ve seen it didn’t mention that? 

This is the detail I took from Apollo Duck when PARAGON was advertised for sale earlier this year:

23/03/2018 - POSSIBLY FOR SALE VIA APOLLO DUCK / ? (Yarwoods built LMS Station Boat - 1929 - 60' - riveted iron - ex-work boat - motorised around 40 years ago by enthusiasts - rebottomed around 12 years ago - the back cabin and engine room are wooden and need work - Armstrong Siddeley - open hold that is sheeted up - Staffordshire - no telephone number - £20000)

(re-advertised 15/07/2018 @ £20000)

:captain:

edit = tidy up formatting

Edited by pete harrison

22 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

This is the detail I took from Apollo Duck when PARAGON was advertised for sale earlier this year:

23/03/2018 - POSSIBLY FOR SALE VIA APOLLO DUCK / ? (Yarwoods built LMS Station Boat - 1929 - 60' - riveted iron - ex-work boat - motorised around 40 years ago by enthusiasts - rebottomed around 12 years ago - the back cabin and engine room are wooden and need work - Armstrong Siddeley - open hold that is sheeted up - Staffordshire - no telephone number - £20000)

(re-advertised 15/07/2018 @ £20000)

:captain:

edit = tidy up formatting

Cheers Pete that’s the same info as me. Was she shorted to 65ft when motorised? 

33 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Cheers Pete that’s the same info as me. Was she shorted to 65ft when motorised? 

PARAGON has always been 60' since constructed in the late 1970's, and I suspect it will be about 45' of original L.M.S.R. fore end (purchased in sections from a scrap yard) and about 15' of modern welded counter stern. Initially PARAGON was operated as an unconverted motor, although it did have a short kitchen extension. It was later converted as a house boat but was deconverted again about 15-20 years ago :captain:

Used to moor with us at the fly  in the early 90s. i think due to the early conversion it is not as good as manturia mecca and dehli. The bow looks  a bit unhappy and the stern is a bit heavy, those boats are quite fine in build, being horseboats. I priced up paragon done nicely it would be nearer 80000 with a good conversion cabin and engine room. Thats delhi territory.