Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Cloudinspector said:

I am shocked at this after all of the work Dev has done, and I have to say a little disappointed as I looked into buying EFFINGHAM just as it was being sold to Dev.

I would buy EFFINGHAM in a heartbeat but I am very happily committed to another boat now :captain:

6 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

I am shocked at this after all of the work Dev has done, and I have to say a little disappointed as I looked into buying EFFINGHAM just as it was being sold to Dev.

I would buy EFFINGHAM in a heartbeat but I am very happily committed to another boat now :captain:

Hasn't Dev bought another boat?

4 hours ago, pete harrison said:

If I had the cash I would also buy Effingham in a heartbeat. It may not be the the most desirable boat out there but in terms of rarity it’s up there at the top of the tree. ( prepares to be shot down by those who know far more than I do) 

1 hour ago, stagedamager said:

Effingham is a cracker, with the work done by Dev and, previously by Pete and Derek at Langley Mill Boatyard, she probably is one of the best conditioned historic boats out there.

One of my favourite engine rooms to work in

24 minutes ago, Derek R. said:

She's blue again! Was that taken recently? We had 13yrs together. And 10yrs with YARMOUTH, and another couple on the Dutchman.

Not my picture Derek, but no, not recent I think.

Looks like it might be when the new timber was fitted to the front of the ram, as it looks pretty unmarked.

It was still grey in late June 2018......

IMG_4797.JPG

11 hours ago, mark99 said:

Seems well priced too compared to some others.

Drake(converted) sold for around that price, I was impressed with the amount of space inside and actually though the conversion was quite good. The hull inspection of the steel stated it was in excellent condition and better than quite a few 10-20 year old boats!! It also handled remarkably well, having had a swim and schilling rudder added by the previous owner.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:40, matty40s said:

Some had another addition to protect the front, and help it slide off the gate.

20181005_103013.jpg

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Drake(converted) sold for around that price, I was impressed with the amount of space inside and actually though the conversion was quite good. The hull inspection of the steel stated it was in excellent condition and better than quite a few 10-20 year old boats!! It also handled remarkably well, having had a swim and schilling rudder added by the previous owner.

So putting 2 and 2 together the photograph above is the fore end of DRAKE, and you are saying that DRAKE has now been sold :captain:

She sold, as I thought she would, very quickly. Had great fun working through the various bespoke controls and back up controls, only the second boat we havn't managed to get round the marina entrance into the dock - had to move the two boats opposite the dock and reverse her into the moorings and then straight into the dock.

indeed, and for your records, I will now post a picture of the new back end as well

20181005_102852.jpg

20181005_102912.jpg

20181005_091127.jpg

Edited by matty40s

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:14, pete harrison said:

BIRMINGHAM:

http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/narrowcraft/brokerage/for-sale/birminghan/

I did post this yesterday evening but there appeared to be some issues with this Forum and it obviously did not load :captain:

23 hours ago, Cloudinspector said:

22 hours ago, Little One said:

Not yet, on the look our for another historic boat, but have to sell one to buy another. :)

Hmmmmm.......................................... BIRMINGHAM comes up for sale closely followed by EFFINGHAM, with the seller of the latter looking for another 'historic' boat :captain:

15 hours ago, pete harrison said:

Hmmmmm.......................................... BIRMINGHAM comes up for sale closely followed by EFFINGHAM, with the seller of the latter looking for another 'historic' boat :captain:

I was thinking this as well!

I know you are a fan of those Admiral's Pete, but if I were allowed a full length unconverted boat it wouldn't be Effingham I was going after.

But then Birmingham has been a strong favourite of mine since I knew it in the 1970s - I just love that boat.

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I was thinking this as well!

I know you are a fan of those Admiral's Pete, but if I were allowed a full length unconverted boat it wouldn't be Effingham I was going after.

But then Birmingham has been a strong favourite of mine since I knew it in the 1970s - I just love that boat.

18 hours ago, pete harrison said:

We are looking for another historic boat however, BIRMINGHAM is not the one for us, no matter how lovely she is :)