Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

Well is it?

It is listed with an opening price of £9,000, but surely there is a possibility that if you put in a bid it may come up as "reserve not met"?

(Unless I don't understand how these things work, which is possible!)

Here is the advert.

no its got no reserve, even a listing with no bits has reserve not met in red under the price if has a reserve.

On 17/07/2018 at 11:37, pipistrelle said:

I may be putting Clypeus up for sale soon, as I am reluctantly concluding that it is a bit much for one inexperienced person to deal with, I'm not getting out an about on the boat as I had hoped to do and a lengthy and draining commute seems inescapable. Posting speculatively in case anyone is looking (hope this is okay?) - feel free to PM me for details. This will not be an easy decision as she is a lovely boat.

Further to this, I am going ahead with moving into a flat (I currently live aboard Clypeus). I would very much like to still be involved with boating, however, so I am looking to set up some kind of shared ownership of the boat, so she can be worked on, go boating (she is delightful to boat on - she handles beautifully and the Lister JP2 is guaranteed to get attention from elderly men ;) ) and hopefully get to historic boat rallies. She is a lovely historic boat  (GUCCC Little Northwich) that is currently set up as an undercloth conversion. Please feel free to PM if you might be interested in such an arrangement, or if you can put me in contact with anyone who might be. I'd also be looking for a secure mooring somewhere on the canal system (am currently moored in Ely Marina, which is not ideal). I am setting up a website with more details, so watch this space!

4 hours ago, rivergate said:

I bid £500 but it wont let me....it suggests £9,200.... 

that's coz the starting bid is 9k means any bid 9k or over would buy it. a reserve means that if it was set at say 10k even if you bid 9.5k it wouldn't sell.

20 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

mmmmm even more tempting but unfortunately it's nearly at a price for parts as well

Well I never thought I would read a suggestion of 'asset stripping' KENT. Surely KENT is too good for that and it would be shameful for this to happen - but it would not surprise me.

Perhaps KENT could be the next contender for restoration at Tooley's Dock following HARDY :captain:

20 hours ago, pete harrison said:

Well I never thought I would read a suggestion of 'asset stripping' KENT. Surely KENT is too good for that and it would be shameful for this to happen - but it would not surprise me.

Perhaps KENT could be the next contender for restoration at Tooley's Dock following HARDY :captain:

yes she is too got for that but if you had one of her sisters and needed parts a 7k its a cheap alternative!

Seen on Facebook Narrowboat brokerage page

Narrowboat
£67,750
London, United Kingdom

REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE DUE TO RELOCATION OVERSEAS

Beneath the unassuming covers, Roe is a fairytale boat with a fit out made of elm, oak, yew, love and a sprinkling of magic.

Built in 1959, she is a 70’ River Class butty, motorised with a Gardner 4LK, rumoured to have come from a WW2 midget submarine. Current owner a boat electrician. Hi spec everything - from bathroom taps to batteries, this is a boat built to last.

Totally sorted for long term liveaboard cruising or you can find a marina.

The boring bits:

Batteries - 6x Trojan T105
Solar controller - Outback 60A MPPT
Inverter/Charger - Victron 3000/120/16
Generator - Honda EU30IS
Gas boiler - Morco F11
Stove - Morso Squirrel
Cooker - 60 cm cast iron hob, 2 ovens/grill.
Back cabin stove - Faure Revin, C19 century. Makes ace pizza!
Central heating - Mikuni 
Radiators - 3 + fan assisted rad an bathroom and heated towel rail (stainless, obviously.)
Calorifier - 100 ltr single coil.
Insulation - 50/100mm Kingspan
Fresh water tank - ample
Blackwater tank - 4 weeks+
Gas bottles - storage for 4x
2k blacking. Overplated bottom 10" around knees when last out of water according to survey. Current(ish!) survey available. All work specified carried out by reputable yard. Blacking and survey due next yearREDUCED FOR QUICK SA

On 23/08/2018 at 10:17, Ray T said:

Cabindoors002.jpg

Where did you get that picture Ray? I would recognise my scumbling anywhere, they are the back doors from Helvetia painted by Ron Hough in 2010  and photographed by myself in my workshop after I got then back home. Here they are finished and fitted on Helvetia

Clifton_Golf_Club_06.jpg.a28197e828985c443635e810eba6d135.jpg

Edited by David Schweizer

52 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Where did you get that picture Ray? I would recognise my scumbling anywhere, they are the back doors from Helvetia painted by Ron Hough in 2010  and photographed by myself in my workshop after I got then back home. Here they are finished and fitted on Helvetia

From Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/66498531973020242/

Edited by Ray T

14 hours ago, Ray T said:

How did pinterest get it? I am not a subscriber, although it seems to have been posted, along with another photo of the old doors on Helvetia,, by someone with the handle Naj, whoever he/she is. I don't mind, but sureley if people post other peoples photos they should at least acknowledge the owner