Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

Pete has bought historic Jaguar. :)

I very much dowt that, concidering the work the Malcolm is currently doing to her.

Maybe he bought mable and fmn they both had convertions that are coming off!!!

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I suppose it LOOKS a bit like a boat...

Prob rides like a boat

4 hours ago, mark99 said:

Pete has bought historic Jaguar. :)

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

Nothing in my post is incorrect.

My Jaguar is far from historic as it is less than four years old - and i can confirm that I have not bought the F.M.C. Ltd. boat names JAGUAR (I had an e-mail about this earlier and wondered where this snippet had come from) :captain:

1 hour ago, Old Janner said:

Good evening. This my first rather nervous post. I thought that you all may find another picture of an early Jaguar of interest. I took this photo in 1971 at Foxton on my very first canal trip.

Jaguar.jpg

Thank you, lovely lit shot, Pete can probably tell you what the butty is too.

42 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

This boat just been listed on the duck. Not a lot of details but looks interesting.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat.phtml?id=554195

DEFIANCE has been for sale for almost a year, starting at £130000 due to its London residential mooring. It was last advertised in July 2017 at £100000, again due to its residential mooring, and is now at £14950 excluding mooring :captain:

12 hours ago, Old Janner said:

Good evening. This my first rather nervous post. I thought that you all may find another picture of an early Jaguar of interest. I took this photo in 1971 at Foxton on my very first canal trip.

Jaguar.jpg

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting your snap.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The listing says he is selling up BECAUSE he has a new boat on order. 

That sounds perfectly reasonable; after all, no one would wish to end up with two boats, would they?

47 minutes ago, Athy said:

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting your snap.

That sounds perfectly reasonable; after all, no one would wish to end up with two boats, would they?

Correct. Only two boats would be rather dull.

19 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

Seams cheap! See no pics or details of engine or bow.

I think its one of the less attractive Bantocks with one end cut off. The new stern looks very unusual and rather high quality. I quite like it. The bollards are unusual (more like bollards than dollies) and remind me of Doug Moore boats but I don't know if he did conversions. Also a bit similar to northern barges so could have been converted by someone who usually did barges.

Don't know what engine is in there (if any) but the boat list says 2hp which may mean 20hp which could be interesting.

Does seem cheap.

Edited by magnetman

7 hours ago, X Alan W said:

Probably the one owned by the late Mr Blegrove

I don't thin so because Mr Blargrave had ELTON which is a large Ricky wooden hulled boat, whereas the butty in the photograph has a riveted hull and looks like a small G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. boat from the cabin proportions. The usual suspects around this time would be ACHILLES or PICTOR, but the cabin paintwork is making me think VIRGINIS :captain: