Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

I thought that widebeam was a synonym for ugly. :)

Tin hat at the ready.

Not all of them are ugly but few are postively attractive to look at. Some however truly excel themselves in the fuglyiness stakes. Presumably their owners think they are pretty though! A worrying thought.

13 hours ago, BWM said:

Not sure about the iron skirting boards, good generator of condensation! I wonder which lister engine is fitted, 23hp single? 

It's a single pot Lister,  the boat has just been finished and launched,  looks quite pretty in the flesh.

It does roll a bit though, so historical accuracy has been maintained.!!!!

20170928_133100.jpg

11 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Bosley was for sale earlier this year on the hard. It's a great folly...

that looks like single so not 23 horse...besides it would waterski.

great boat for hysterical rallies.

:)  :)  :) 

I'd be worried about the icebreaker being top heavy. They were not designed to have steel cabins. I think it was for sale at Blisworth a while back if it's the same boat. Some sort of odd stern arrangement to motorise it.

Not nice IMO

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes deffly been on here before. Is it on Pete’s list of extant butties?!

In Pete's topic he did say he was excluding anything BCN, including Bantocks.

1 hour ago, linnit said:

Greenlaw...think its a new listing..Rugby Boats

No, I think it has probably been continually offered by Rugby Boats since about last May.

I don't think the price has changed in all that time, but I could be wrong, as I no longer track the asking prices of "historics" on the open market.

5 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

No, I think it has probably been continually offered by Rugby Boats since about last May.

I don't think the price has changed in all that time, but I could be wrong, as I no longer track the asking prices of "historics" on the open market.

Correct on both counts :captain:

1 minute ago, pete harrison said:

Correct on both counts :captain:

I was going to cite "Acacia" as a long running one, but right now can't see it on "the Duck".

How long have Rugby Boats been offering "Dolphin".  That's one I think the price did reduce on.

19 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Aaa..sorry..I am known to be slow;)

14 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

How long have Rugby Boats been offering "Dolphin".  That's one I think the price did reduce on.

Unfortunately I lost some information due to forgetting to back up my records, including when DOLPHIN first came on the market. I do however have it being advertised via Apollo Duck / Rugby Boat Sales in July 2017 at £75000 - falling to £69995 when re-advertised on 24 September 2017.

ACACIA has been advertised since at least 21 November 2016 at £65000 throughout - last advertised on Apollo Duck 19 December 2017 :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

2 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

ACACIA has been advertised since at least 21 November 2016 at £65000 throughout - last advertised on Apollo Duck 19 December 2017 :captain:

Yes, I thought that one was towards the top of any "longest time offered for sale" list!

Whether the fact I can't find it on the Duck now means anything at all, I'm not sure.

If I had to guess I would say it probably has not changed hands.

On 04/01/2018 at 18:55, Ray T said:

http://rugbyboats.co.uk/listings/greenlaw-1937-traditional/

I think it has been for sale for a while now. Perhaps the washers sorry, "Originally with 7,000 rivets, she was built by Harland & Wolff." are putting people off. :captain:

I don't pretend to be an expert valued of older boats, but could it not. Be the price preventing a sale. It could well be that the seller is just 'half' trying to sell, if someone buys it at this price then all well and good.