Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, John Brightley said:

https://www.apolloduck.com/boat.phtml?id=543124

'River class working boat' but no indication of which one-does anybody know?

I'm sure it has been up for sale before, as I specifically remember the 4 cylinder Gardner, and doubt many River Class buttys are so equipped.

I can't remember which one it is, though.

It's also for sale via estate agents......

Linky

Edited by alan_fincher

5 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm sure it has been up for sale before, as I specifically remember the 4 cylinder Gardner, and doubt many River Class buttys are so equipped.

I can't remember which one it is, though.

It's also for sale via estate agents......

Linky

I believe row was last up in be colours

I meant roe 

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:29, billybobbooth said:

Tay had a 15hp semi bolinder, this was removed by claytons and replaced with a 1051 bolinder, if im correct this was then sent for rebuild and was partly scrapped when the builder went bust.

The bow was rebuild just before towys was,

If i remember correct tay still has the hold seperated with just the gate valve fitted still.

I didnt get round to seeing tay due to price as it was well double our buying budget, but has been up for sale before towy was. That was nearly 2 years ago.

I went to see Tay and made an offer on her....if you like wooden boats then shes a decent one in my view - for what that's worth :) ...I understand she had a pup and it was this that was lost when the company doing the rebuild went bust...a lot of positive in her I think but the sale price is way over and the primary reason for her still being available - I think there was a plank on the front right hand side and some minor issues on the water line left side, not been docked and blacked for a while, stove needed replacement - modern engine but replaceable when ready or opportunity presented itself...of all the tar boats Ive seen she has the best shaped fore end and stern and felt brilliant in the water :) Id DSC01656.JPG.5f32f68df70dda4ef712d2fdebea825f.JPGbuy her tomorrow :) ..some pics ...

DSC01653.JPG

DSC01654.JPG

DSC01657.JPG

1052 or 1051 bolinder, national / rn, 15 semi bolinder,

Idealy should be a bolinder of some sort as it had both a semi and a cold start fitted in claytons.

To the mention above about the pup was the engine lost i asked my dad and he was sure is was a cold start bolinder that was lost was, he thought it was a 1051. 

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So what might be an interesting and appropriate replacement engine, does the team think? 

(And DON'T say a HR2!)

Hr3 then it is!

10 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

I beleive malcome did the work on her bow then towys, malcome did very good jobs of folowing correct lines rather than remove and rebuild as has happened on other boats. Tay is prob the best tco boat about.

I wasn't intending my comment to be aimed at any other boat - Towy is lovely for sure...but Tay really resonated with me :) - you know how it goes...no offence I hope.. :) 

1 hour ago, billybobbooth said:

1052 or 1051 bolinder, national / rn, 15 semi bolinder,

Idealy should be a bolinder of some sort as it had both a semi and a cold start fitted in claytons.

To the mention above about the pup was the engine lost i asked my dad and he was sure is was a cold start bolinder that was lost was, he thought it was a 1051. 

Hr3 then it is!

..I might be wrong but I think it was a 9hp....?

23 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Absolutely.....

The HAs are simply better engines than the HRs.

..if funds and availability were not considerations, my choice would have been a JP2 :) ....lovely engine ( Ive had one )  and a reasonable period as it were refit to my mind....a National 2nd having seen Towys but not boated with one....

I bow to the team here, but I just don't see a wooden motor being worth 34k..?

10 minutes ago, BWM said:

Not sure about the iron skirting boards, good generator of condensation! I wonder which lister engine is fitted, 23hp single? 

In one of the pics the engine is poking its head through the deck. I can't think of any single cylinder Lister of more than 9hp. I think all the larger engines all had a minimum of 2 cylinders.

13 hours ago, rivergate said:

I wasn't intending my comment to be aimed at any other boat - Towy is lovely for sure...but Tay really resonated with me :) - you know how it goes...no offence I hope.. :) 

..I might be wrong but I think it was a 9hp....?

..if funds and availability were not considerations, my choice would have been a JP2 :) ....lovely engine ( Ive had one )  and a reasonable period as it were refit to my mind....a National 2nd having seen Towys but not boated with one....

I bow to the team here, but I just don't see a wooden motor being worth 34k..?

I was in agreement that tays got the best bow! Just saying who did the work

27 minutes ago, David Mack said:

In one of the pics the engine is poking its head through the deck. I can't think of any single cylinder Lister of more than 9hp. I think all the larger engines all had a minimum of 2 cylinders.

Biggest singles tended to be semis

Think after a discussion on her kelvins prob made the biggest single cold start you could easly fit in a narrowboat.

10 hours ago, John Brightley said:

Well if you believe those that say 4mm hull thickness in uninsurable, then as soon as the 4mm overplating on this loses any thickness at all it is surely uninsurable!