Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

If it has i hope they keep the ram, think its the last one left?

I would like to think that anybody who was interested in TYCHO would appreciate its historical significance, and yes, of the five G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. motors to have been requisitioned by the Ministry of War Transport and converted into ice breaking tugs TYCHO is the only one to retain its 'ram' :captain:

10 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

I would like to think that anybody who was interested in TYCHO would appreciate its historical significance, and yes, of the five G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. motors to have been requisitioned by the Ministry of War Transport and converted into ice breaking tugs TYCHO is the only one to retain its 'ram' :captain:

Tycho, Sickle - what were the other three Pete?

Richard

1 minute ago, pete harrison said:

Middle Northwich motors = SEXTANS, SICKLE, THEOPHILUS, TYCHO

Large Northwich motor = RENTON

:captain:

I should have remembered THEOPHILUS, I often visit it on the bank

Thanks Pete

Richard

7 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I should have remembered THEOPHILUS, I often visit it on the bank

It would be lovely to see it back in the water after all that lovely steelwork was done. I go through Tamworth so often, I always have a peep at the Bascote Boatyard to see what' going on and see theophilus moved occasionally but nothing seems to be going on with it.....Richards post suggest otherwise. ...

38 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It would be lovely to see it back in the water after all that lovely steelwork was done. I go through Tamworth so often, I always have a peep at the Bascote Boatyard to see what' going on and see theophilus moved occasionally but nothing seems to be going on with it.....Richards post suggest otherwise. ...

Then my post is misleading. She's been on the bank for quite a while now

I'm in and out of Glascote often

Richard

52 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I'm sure you know Bascote and Glascote are not actually on the same canals!

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

Middle Northwich motors = SEXTANS, SICKLE, THEOPHILUS, TYCHO

Large Northwich motor = RENTON

:captain:

For those not aware, there is no evidence that REnton ever carried an ice ramof anything approaching that of those on the 4 converted Middle Northwich boats.

It was a more subtle thing altogether.

Tycho

Tycho_Snip2..JPG.4b9405821fea50e6362d3c819a55fc46.JPG

Renton

Renton_Gasworks_3.jpg.254ef6658b176fa7929b4ec75795df91.jpg

Tycho_Snip2..JPG

2 hours ago, pete harrison said:

And removed from Apollo Duck sometime today - but has it sold ?

I know my wife was in conversation with someone who seemed deeply interested in it.

(But that's all I know).

Edited by alan_fincher

10 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

know my wife was in conversation with someone who seemed deeply interested in it.

(But that's all I know).

Edited 10 hours ago by alan_fincher

Think that was probably me Alan.

I was that deeply interested I have cashed in my my pension 6yrs early to fund the purchase and assist the cost of restoring some of the bits I felt needed. Having "dredged the canal" so to speak it would seem I have "cilled and sunk in the last lock"..Sadly it is not me who has bought her if indeed she has been  sold..I believe Pete would have been a  more deserved candidate for ownership rather than a newbie to the flock as such. Anyway time for a coffee and biscuit..I can now afford a Costa..what will be will be...start up the DM2 listen to the thump all day and start dreaming of Malvern again..

1 hour ago, linnit said:

Think that was probably me Alan.

I was that deeply interested I have cashed in my my pension 6yrs early to fund the purchase and assist the cost of restoring some of the bits I felt needed. Having "dredged the canal" so to speak it would seem I have "cilled and sunk in the last lock"..Sadly it is not me who has bought her if indeed she has been  sold..I believe Pete would have been a  more deserved candidate for ownership rather than a newbie to the flock as such. Anyway time for a coffee and biscuit..I can now afford a Costa..what will be will be...start up the DM2 listen to the thump all day and start dreaming of Malvern again..

In my opinion TYCHO is a far superior boat to MALVERN, and not just because it is a Grand Union motor. There is not even a remote possibility of me now pursuing TYCHO as I have bought something else, and do not be concerned about your claimed 'newbie' status as we were all 'newbie's' once :captain:

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, archie57 said:

That picture of the "Tycho" takes me back - 35 years ago, stuck there for six weeks, by the "Navigation" at Lapworth 

I thought they were your boats behind TYCHO. I have a lasting memory of passing you in Wolverhampton locks as you took them down single handed - something I have done numerous times since.

I remember TYCHO painted like that when Paul P owned it, and it looks so much better with a deck instead of 'blue tops' :captain:

2 minutes ago, Carl Ryan said:

Pete

I am surprised nowbody else has asked, which boat have you bought?

Carl 

We have asked, but Pete's not telling. :)

Based on absolutely zero knowledge, (e.e. nothing more than a pure guess), I'm still going for Otley.

2 minutes ago, magnetman said:

It's definitely Otley as it has a Perkins 3HD46 in it :)

I tried a few time previously to get him to admit it !

Unless the "do you know if Tycjo has been sold to anyone" post was a superb bluff!

11 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Peter has not bought a boat. Pretty sure I'm right. He has tho acquired a very nice 5 litre cat.

I've never heard of them sized by the litre, so I have little idea how impressive that could be.

Like this?

large-cat-images.jpg