Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Was built by Roger Sharpe at Shardlow and moored there for years, very likely still extant.

There used to be one moored at Brewood I think - the X strengthening pressings were evident all along the hull. Not seen in in the last 8 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously one can only guess at the back story here, but doesn't it seem a bit odd that a canal trust has got its hands on such a useful bit of kit, but is now looking to sell it?

In many such cases redundant BW/CRT boats get passed to a trust for a token sum like £1.

I've no knowledge if that's the case here, but I wonder whether if BW / CRT make boats available to a trust, what conditions they put on their re-sale?

No, I don't need a dredger, but they were getting rid of "Renton" as well......... (:lol:)

Given the seller only paid £1 for the dredger that's quite a profit and I wouldn't put too much faith in the standard of the repairs carried out under his tenure either.

Dredgers aren't something you want to readily use if they're hanging together on a wing and a prayer!!!

Via FB (narrowboats for sale uk) I believe ex FMC "Spain" to be for sale (Fender Phil's boat) a converted butty, but retains much of the original shape under water, plus a wooden bottom so I'm told.

sorry I don't know more.

Via FB (narrowboats for sale uk) I believe ex FMC "Spain" to be for sale (Fender Phil's boat) a converted butty, but retains much of the original shape under water, plus a wooden bottom so I'm told.

sorry I don't know more.

exF.M.C. Ltd SPAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! captain.gif

edit = formally named CASTLEFIELD if I am not mistaken.

Edited by pete harrison

There used to be one moored at Brewood I think - the X strengthening pressings were evident all along the hull. Not seen in in the last 8 years.

It was called "Tank" when I encountered it about 12 years ago.

The owner had a three legged dog (as did I at the time.)

sorry I don't know more.

Anyone got any more details?

Im intrested if still has a wooden bottom. Hard to find nower days

Its got a wooden bottom - all good apparently...recently docked, steel work is ok - HA2 - nothing in back cabin and conversion is one room - its a split like Flamingo...looks nice and well priced at £22k...( owner wouldn't swap for mine! smile.png lol )

....the counter was put on by the Lorenze brother's..

post-5573-0-88794800-1484088856_thumb.jpg

post-5573-0-46058900-1484088871_thumb.jpg

post-5573-0-94579300-1484088884_thumb.jpg

post-5573-0-49323500-1484088903_thumb.jpg

post-5573-0-05992900-1484088914_thumb.jpg

Edited by rivergate

..yeah I know what you mean - doesn't seem to follow the lines of the hull and cabin..still a nice boat tho..

I love my little tug boat :) but my family not so much - ''..the gunnels are too narrow!'' smile.png lol but pretty sure I couldn't sell her quickly enough to buy this Josher..ah well - she will make someone happy Im sure.. :)

post-5573-0-72552400-1484126158_thumb.jpg

Forcabin would be ok if was built slightly lower down looks a bit too tall.

Wouldnt have minded progress but i would have been buying it just coz i wanted a wooden boat (although ive always had an obsession with tugs) rather than buying it as it was a wooden boat i actually wanted.

Narrow gunwales try running down stours!

How you getting on with progress?

Im getting on great with her :) - just my sons and wife complaining about the gunnels! :) lol

..hopefully just sorted a diesel heater/boiler to go back into her and help with warm air/hot showers through the winter ( previous owner had removed the one fitted at her rebuild )

Shes a really nice little boat :)