Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Try a conversation with a Kelvin- you'd best be able to speak broad Glaswegian.

N

biggrin.png

You can recognise the rhythm of one coming down the cut: "Heh yew Jimmy, heh yew Jimmy..." - that's the K3 of course.

Does anyone here know anything about this boat, Sudbury? http://www.nortoncanesboatbuilders.co.uk/home/index.php/boats-for-sale/22-sudbury

asking for a friend wink.png

If you look back through the thread I think it was magnetman that posted friend of theirs owned it. Might be worth a PM to get some more information.

I really don't understand why "Sudbury" hasn't sold, unless there is some major "gotcha" that isn't immediately evident.

It is a lovely little thing, and if I didn't already own an identical length tug based on a "Grand Union" I would be very sorely tempted.

The price seems very realistic to me.

I know forum member Madcat took a look, and I think the oly thing that put her off was that she wanted a somewhat longer one, (which she now has, of course).

some work is needed to the hull

Presumably why the advert otherwise glosses over this and concentrates almost entirely on internal fit out?

It also has to a competitor for one of the least useful outside photos ever put in this kind of advert!

447897_1.jpg?1445023429

Presumably why the advert otherwise glosses over this and concentrates almost entirely on internal fit out?

It also has to a competitor for one of the least useful outside photos ever put in this kind of advert!447897_1.jpg?1445023429

Yes at 7ft 4 I belive she's abit wide and had trouble getting through Glascote locks

• Greenie 1

interest in buying her Alan?

It also has to a competitor for one of the least useful outside photos ever put in this kind of advert!

447897_1.jpg?1445023429

Not sure if it's already been noted but Facebook has just advised me that Bantock Butty Equus is for sale:

http://thesalespontoon.co.uk/For_sale/641/-built-fully-fitted-50ft-narrowboat-for-sale-London

Tim

It has been mentioned a couple of times due to good history and a price drop could be the oldest boat on the system.

Equus has been for sale since the dawn of time.

I had a look over her about a year ago and offered £15k. They said that's what everyone offers, so thanks but no thanks!

Lovely bote but interior is desperately tired. Engine is in the wrong place but a further £15-20k spent adding a decent shaped stern and back cabin would make Equus as AWESOME boat for somebody...

Equus has been for sale since the dawn of time.

I had a look over her about a year ago and offered £15k. They said that's what everyone offers, so thanks but no thanks!

Lovely bote but interior is desperately tired. Engine is in the wrong place but a further £15-20k spent adding a decent shaped stern and back cabin would make Equus as AWESOME boat for somebody...

Yep, I'd love it but it's not worth much as it is. I'd remove everything that isn't old and start again - could be made into a lovely boat (Reg' style)

I've been watching Equus like a hawk. I think she's wonderful. I'd love to have the tug deck turned into a mini-sheeted up hold.

Sadly I haven't got £15k in my back pocket, let alone the £22 they're asking. Nor the rest for the work.