Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

At a starting price of £12K for Don including a 1936 proper RN on board that is a pretty good value boat if you can handle and maintain a wooden hull.

As for "Lapwing" I am amazed an education facility hasn't taken up that as if we were not so advanced with "Tucana" it would have certainly interested us as a floating classroom.

How many have you owned Roland ? I'm sort of curious as buying and selling boats strikes me as stressful.

Probably not as stressful as keep another, but not selling off any you already own quickly afterwards, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what became of Archimedes and Ara? They were on WFBCo brokerage page for all of about 48hrs before the advert was pulled.

When the advert went on it was 'POA'. I phoned up to be nosey and see how much they were as I'd made enquiries direct with the owner about 6 months ago about their availability and after initial positive noises he suddenly went cold. They guy at WFBCo told me that even though he'd been asked to advertise them, the owner wouldn't give him a price to put on the advert but the boats were being moved by road up to Stockton.

I just wonder if the owner of A&A changed his mind again.

Edited by junior

No idea.

But on the same subject, does anyone know why they were taken all the way down to Aldermaston on the K&A back in the winter, left moored blocking the services point then vanished again?

I seem to remember that in the tread about them running at the time, someone stated that they were booked into the marina there for some work and that it was actually the marina that had put them outside on the WP, rather than the owner.

There is no marina there.

What is Aldermaston Wharf? I'm not saying for certain that's where they were going for work, but I've definitely heard of it.

If i could remember what the thread was called I'd go back and see if I could dig the post up as I've got nothing better to do with the next 6 hours of my night shift!

It's a wharf, not a marina.

Apologies, whilst I know the difference I'm not that much of a pedant.

Actually it seems i may have been wrong about it being the staff from there that put them on the WP. I've just found the thread and re-read it. What it actually does say is not how I remember reading it at the time. They were booked into the WHARF there and that is why they were dumped there. The OP of that thread does state that there were some chaps on the boat one day but having re-read it, it's not clear either way if there were from the boat yard or not.

Anyway, if anyone knows what's happened to them I'd be interested to know. A PM would be fine if anyone doesn't want to go public that they know.

My (limited)understanding was that the boats were "at risk" whilst on their former territory on the GU, due to being intrinsically linked to someone who is (I assume) still serving time for a very serious offence.

I think it was stated not only had stuff being removed from them, but that at least one had been otherwise damaged.

I assume to some degree the "plan" may have been to take them somewhere where they were less well known, although it sounds that they were hardly in a safe place.

I don't know what has happened to them, but from my own experiences it is not unusual for Warwickshire Fly to post details of boats that the owners actually have no intention of selling!