Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Sorry chaps. I'm afraid that Capricorn is not actually for sale! I am developing a website for the sale of inland boats as an alternative and hopefully an improvement to Apollo Duck but it is not yet officially launched. Boats listed are test entries and I naturally used my own boat for one. However Google has picked it up a little earlier than expected so it looks like I will have do some work work on it to make that clear. Www.boatsandmoor.com will launch hopefully next month - but without Capricorn unless someone is REALLY rich

Thanks

Paul

ISTR you need to include a file called robots.txt in each directory you want the spiders to leave alone and un-indexed.

MtB

Anyway, you could get a nice new boat for 99 grand.captain.gif

Keith

Really?!

There are very few new boats around that are nice. And certainly not that cheap!

Anything with a proper engine, engine room and a nicely styled hull rather than a run-of-the-mill production line skip shell is gonna be well over £99k!

MtB

That is correct, as long as you put the right stuff in your robots.txt

Indeed. I was trying not to make things complicated, just to point Paul in the right direction.

Googling robots.txt will throw up a million results with detailed info, I predict!

MtB

(Eidt to change skoolbouy spliing erorr)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I'm told that the reason for the advert and subsequently the price is purely to "test the market".

Sorry chaps. I'm afraid that Capricorn is not actually for sale! I am developing a website for the sale of inland boats as an alternative and hopefully an improvement to Apollo Duck but it is not yet officially launched. Boats listed are test entries and I naturally used my own boat for one. However Google has picked it up a little earlier than expected so it looks like I will have do some work work on it to make that clear. Www.boatsandmoor.com will launch hopefully next month - but without Capricorn unless someone is REALLY rich

Thanks

Paul

Told ya !!!

Price reduction, now £34500. Grab a bargain. smile.png

https://boatsandmoor.com/boat/new-boat/

Problem with that one is that it is a different boat depending on which picture you view.....

.... or do you get both boats at that price?

Really?!

There are very few new boats around that are nice. And certainly not that cheap!

Anything with a proper engine, engine room and a nicely styled hull rather than a run-of-the-mill production line skip shell is gonna be well over £99k!

MtB

Oh dear Mike, that wasn't meant as a serious comment.

Keith

Ello all,

I've been following this thread for a while now. Only just got round to joining the forum proper. Interesting chats on here.

The sado-masochist in me is thinking of getting into historic boating. I'm keeping an eye on Equus, the ancient Bantock previously posted on here that is still up on Virginia Currer brokers. It went under offer for a week or so but I guess it didn't go through.

Dangerous thoughts...I mean, i was stupid enough to go through with it and buy a boat before. What's stopping me going even further!?

Ello all,

I've been following this thread for a while now. Only just got round to joining the forum proper. Interesting chats on here.

The sado-masochist in me is thinking of getting into historic boating. I'm keeping an eye on Equus, the ancient Bantock previously posted on here that is still up on Virginia Currer brokers. It went under offer for a week or so but I guess it didn't go through.

Dangerous thoughts...I mean, i was stupid enough to go through with it and buy a boat before. What's stopping me going even further!?

The problem with the EQUUS is the counter stern has been fabricated in a disastrously coarse and clumsy manner/design, amd the engine is installed right under your feet.. The front of the boat is full of charm so chopping off the ghastly counter and extending the boat by 10ft with a new, stylish counter and adding a proper engine room and back cabin would transform the boat into an absolute delight!

Think £20k on top of the purchase price. I'd say about £15k was about right as she stands now. They are asking £25k IIRC...

Just my opinion, obviously smile.png

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I think that's been posted on here a couple of times recently and has its own thread running somewhere as a forum member bumped into the owner who said he just wants rid of it and would be willing to sell at a very cheap price. It seems like the current bid is at the price I've seen mentioned so no doubt it will pop up in east London soon with a new owner. Hopefully it wont end up the same way as DRAKE.

Anybody know which boat this is? Has it really been shortened to 60ft? The owner is misinformed if he thinks the Lister engine is original.

HOW Much ?!?

Probably very nice, but at the end of the day it is a converted horse boat with a three cylinder air cooled Lister.

Will someone please find Alan a nice original converted working boat with original engine in good condition at a bargain price !!

Yes please!

It doesn't have to be a bargain price for te right boat, though.

Do you think that one is a reasonable deal, then?

Not a boat I know, I'll admit.

Edited by alan_fincher

Yes please!

It doesn't have to be a bargain price for te right boat, though.

Do you think that one is a reasonable deal, then?

Not a boat I know, I'll admit.

.....and it's not grey either.....sheesh! !

its a very good looking boat, moors on the LTM in Loughborough near Belton road.!