Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Definitely Atilla in its pre trip boat guise.

Was butty Norway, converted by Malcolm Braine. National engine.

It's now in the the yard at Bedford, Leigh. New thick metal bottom and footings. There is a JP2 inside just waiting.

Tim

Edited by TimYoung

The photos come up quite large on my screen.

The interior looks as if plenty of time and effort has been spent on it, even if it's not quite finished (note coil of wire hanging down below gunwales). Is this one of the cluster of old boats moored below Varney's Lock?

I found this today when going through some of the old papaerwork I found on my boat when I bought it. As it is associated to Attila it made me think of this thread.

20140910_095609_zpsx1i1bush.jpg

£12 - two years later they were asking £30! We eventually made the passage down after the RCC had gone home, and the RCS had taken over, as by the time there had been enough water down the flight it had passed 5pm. Still cost us £30 though.

Quite like the Day boat LUCY.

The rocker covers don't have the right hand side corner 'cut-outs' that expose the nuts that hold the head down. That makes it an SR. And it has three cylinders. Any mention of bhp should always be taken with caution. Especially with old engines.

SR3 ? Not sure you're correct there.

LUCY is also for sale via the "Traditional" section of the Apollo Duck website.

Apollo Duck linky

The rocker covers don't have the right hand side corner 'cut-outs' that expose the nuts that hold the head down. That makes it an SR. And it has three cylinders. Any mention of bhp should always be taken with caution. Especially with old engines.

I can only see two rocker covers, and they look like they have cut outs.

171476.jpg

Edited by FadeToScarlet

Almost certainly a HA/HB2. May be a HR but given the type of fuel filter I'm thinking not.

Are you talking about this?:

$_86.JPG

Richard

I see HAZEL is now on her third (at least) ebay auction. Up to nearly £400 now.

The photos show restoration will be one helluva task for whoever ends up owning the boat. I have a horrible feeling it will never get done and the boat will now slowly slide into the cycle of sinking, raising, rotting, sinking etc that seems to get many wooden narrowboats.

MtB

I certainly think Hazel is now at considerable risk. It seems not that long ago it was down our way, not apparently in a disastrous state, and where at the time the asking prices had five digits.

When we met the people who first took it onto the Southern Oxford, I got the impression its fate already hung in the balance - it had already had a very hairy trip from the Thames, and they seemed quite unaware of the magnitude of what they might have taken on.

I seem to recall one of her latest owners posted on the forum saying how they were really looking forward to restoring her, etc. Then they found it wouldn't fit down the Napton flight and that was pretty much the last we heard from them.

Edited to add: Found it http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57734&hl=hazel&page=2

Edited by IanM