Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I've never been inside a conversion of a Royalty boat, but one imagines with such very deep hull sides, resulting in a shallow cabin on top, they must give just about the maximum live-aboard space inside that you can get from converting a working boat.

Never been in one with a cabin, but Prince, with an undercloth conversion, certainly felt spacious.

I remember sitting aboard in DUKE's hold when it plied as "The Narrowboat Cinema", We sat on bus seats and watched Jacques Tati in 'Traffic'. Sitting down, the gunnel was way above our heads. Or perhaps I was smaller then . . .

and what a brilliant film, that was my introduction to Tati.

I remember sitting aboard in DUKE's hold when it plied as "The Narrowboat Cinema", We sat on bus seats and watched Jacques Tati in 'Traffic'. Sitting down, the gunnel was way above our heads. Or perhaps I was smaller then . . .

Yes, I first watched Painted Boats aboard DUKE at the I.W.A. National Boat Rally at Titford Pools in 1982.

Tati made some memorable classics; L'ecole de Facteurs, Jour de Fete, M. Hulot's Holiday, Traffic and Mon Oncle though the last began to veer away. But for me he blew it with Playtime, and it broke him. I read a biography on the man, and it is quite sad reading. Hulot's Holiday has to be tops, with Jour de Fete second.

Edited by Derek R.

• 2 weeks later...

it is rather nice and you're too late it's gone.

Bit of a bargain at that price considering the restoration ( by John Smith in Bristol) it had a few years ago.

As so often is the case the ad doesn't really sell it.

Good good. Hope it has got a good new home.

Location says Somerset. Where is it moored? (other than Somerset obviously)

and the rest. She was pretty sound in '93 when we raised her at Trent Lock, the top plank on the LH side at the back was weak, but otherwise watertight. I'm not sure what work has been done in the time since, other than recaulking? i need to have a look at the old threads on her!

Dan

Out of interest, is any old boat worth more than £10? If you listen to old boat owners talking about other old boats they all sink all the time, have been badly restored, need loads of work, are not the boat they are supposed to be and have no knees.

I don't know why you bother buying in such a pool of sharks

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Out of interest, is any old boat worth more than £10? If you listen to old boat owners talking about other old boats they all sink all the time, have been badly restored, need loads of work, are not the boat they are supposed to be and have no knees.

This only applies to other people's old boats!

The rose tinted spectacles that come with your own historic boat purchase show something of near perfection, (OK, maybe not the mechanical gear linkage mechanism!).

Didn't your "ex commercial boat" need its chines fixed? :lol:

Absolutely ..... the new bottom, current bits of steelwork just finished, engine works about to begin, paint job and back cabin fit out on my boat don't count.

And do you also have a set of dark tales about every other old boat on the cut?

Richard

More on Hazel on the Historic boats website

Edited by RLWP