Stoppage Alert Canal & River Trust

Chloe

Featured Posts

Some of you may know that I get the stoppages alerts by e-mail. Some of you, as seen from posts are having trouble signing up for these alerts and some of you have tried to help?

Well, it appears that if you type in http://www.waterscape.com/things-to-do/boating/stoppages and then click on "Sign up for stoppage alerts" as a Newbie you get redirected to Boaters Update.

As a Newbie you wouldn't think of clicking on "Log into your account" as you haven't signed up for these alerts already. But guess what?

This is where you can create an account, if you haven't done so already!!!!!

What a cock up? :banghead:

Edited by Chloe

Go to https://www.waterscape.com/user/management/login and click on "Create an account"

The account you then create is for CANAL AND RIVER TRUST which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST ,which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST ,which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST

The account you then create is for CANAL AND RIVER TRUST which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST ,which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST ,which then tells you that STOPPAGE SECTION WILL BE HERE SOON , in the meantime go to waterscape stoppage alerts , go there and you will be asked to sign in and "create an account" which creates an account with CANAL AND RIVER TRUST

Are you stuck on repeat? ;)

Can't you sign in with the email address and password you used when you created your account on the CaRT page?

Sorry didn't add, that it just takes you round in circles back to Boaters Update regardless of what you click!!!!! :banghead:

What are we paying for?

Hello All,

I've corrected the problem, it was caused by us having a redirect in place for the registration sign up that was put in place for others urls .e.g the boaters update, but the stoppages page was obviously missed.

My apologies for the frustration experienced by you all.

To be clear on some other points raised in this topic.

- The login details used on waterscape should be your waterscape details, NOT your CRT site sign-in details. We have added a note on the login page for the waterscape login to point this out based on your comments.

- Yes, both sites are still running, albeit waterscape is only really live for the stoppage notifications until we finish the migration of that facility over to the new CRT site. Most if not all other url's should redirect to the CRT site.

Migrating the stoppages across is taking time as we have to integrate the data that was/is held on waterscape to the system that allows registration and stores your profile on the new CRT site. We did not want to take down the stoppage notifications whilst we did this, so we decided to run both in tandem - this is not unusual, but I think we could have been clearer in communicating the difference of sign-in details needed. We will contact the people that use the service from waterscape and let them know of the process to go through for migration to the new CRT site. We are aiming to minimise the amount of admin a person would have to do, by merging accounts where possible so they won't need to do anything. However, I know you will still check ;)

I would expect more details to be communicated to you via the Boaters Update or directly from Damian Kemp at some point.

If you're still having problems signing in, please do contact me directly (via this forum) and I will be glad to assist on this specific matter. Note: I would offer my email directly, but I get enough SPAM as it is, so please use the forum's facilities if you need to.

Once again, my apologies.

Paul

Edited by paulmorgan
  • Greenie 1