Braunston Stoppage

Peter Thornton

Featured Posts

We've booked our share boat, Sunseeker, for the month of March in order to do the Thames Ring. Unfortunately we're being scuppered by 2 lots of stoppages.

We were going to do it anticlockwise but Abingdon lock and Iffley lock are closed until 22nd March. OK, we'll go clockwise instead, but then we'll run into the Braunston stoppage on the first day - we're moored at Stockton Top Marina. Does anyone know how the Braunston work is going? Any chance of it finishing before the scheduled date of 8th March?

Edited by Peter Thornton

Talking to CRT locally this morning all their work is on schedule and the opening will be as per the Waterscape published date. That being the case they will re-open on 9th March. My own thought is that you may get through on Friday late afternoon 8th March, no guarantees though.

Am now moored at the Stop House and had a wander up this morning. They seem to be almost finished but naturally enough won't commit to opening early. I did find the boss who was a little more hopeful so I'm hoping to be underway before Friday. Our enforced stay made more bearable by lovely weather and a curry night at the local pub!

Made the mistake of wandering round the marina and saw far too many boats that I would rather like to buy! - One day.