GSM Timer/switch for Eberspacher?

DCH

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I am looking to switch my Eberspacher heater on while I'm travelling to my boat to ensure that it's warm and cosy when we get on board.

I understand that I should be able to do this with a GSM timer switch, but I'm not sure how to connect it to my Eberspacher controller.

Any advice and/or wiring diagrams as to how I could achieve this would be appreciated.

I was hoping that this piece of kit in the 12 volt version would suit my needs http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321071106982?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 ( item no: 321071106982 ) but would like to hear your comments and suggestions of any others that you would recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Hi all.

I am looking to switch my Eberspacher heater on while I'm travelling to my boat to ensure that it's warm and cosy when we get on board.

I understand that I should be able to do this with a GSM timer switch, but I'm not sure how to connect it to my Eberspacher controller.

Any advice and/or wiring diagrams as to how I could achieve this would be appreciated.

I was hoping that this piece of kit in the 12 volt version would suit my needs http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321071106982?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 ( item no: 321071106982 ) but would like to hear your comments and suggestions of any others that you would recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

I use a Velleman MK160 kit with an old phone taped to it to remotely start and stop my Mikuni. it works great but I did solder it up myself,and had to fit a drop-down voltage adapter and resistor in place of the phone battery so it all runs on 12v.

I just attached it so that it switches it on via the in off switch but the neverspacher might have a more complicated controller so may not be easy to wire up.

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Hi Dave that unit will certainly do the job.

I personally use this GSM AUTO which has the advantage you can just call it from any phone and it doesn't cost for the call. I think it is a bit more expensive though.

The unit needs a 12v fused supply L&N, insert a link from the 12v L connection to the COM connection on the unit. Create a link from the yellow wire going to the Eberspacher controller/ mini timer and connect it to the NO contact on the unit.

You should be up and running.

Regards

Roger

Have a look at my blog. There is a search box look for GSM or remote etc. I can't do a linky ATM. I have a 7 way one about £80 I seem to recall. The have also just released an iphone app for it as well. I am delighted mine.