Celebrity boats

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

I reckon you lot are sad on a whole new level and watch way way to much telly!

Of all the names mentioned above the only one i recognise is Guy Martin

You really have not heard of David Suchet, who has played Hercule Poirot on TV for many years, and who is a leading waterways campaigner?

I believe that the Wests moor in Banbury, so the S. Oxford would be a likely place to spot them.

I'd love to bump into Prunella Scales, I think she's marvellous. :wub:

When we met her Cath came back to talk to me saying "I can't quite believe Prunella Scales has just told me a rather saucy anecdote in the poshest voice I have heard on the canals".

They were charming, and we worked out both were a match in age for Cath's parents. 76 & 78 at the time I think.

A nice memory.

I saw that vicar bloke who was on the Waterworld programme, I smiled at him (as I do at every passing boater) and he just gave me a sort of smug grimace. That was nice. Pillock.

I'd love to bump into Prunella Scales, I think she's marvellous. :wub:

Anyone know if the "charming" vicar has sold his boats yet? The web site which says he is selling hasn't been updated since October 2012.

haggis

The Spalls narrowboat "Colleen Bawn" was moored in Harefield Marina. It is still there under new ownership.

David Suchet used to own NB City Of Sheffield, he then bought a barge, Leonie, which was in St Kats. He sold this in 2009 and now has an apartment bank side at St Kats.

Anyone know if the "charming" vicar has sold his boats yet? The web site which says he is selling hasn't been updated since October 2012.

Oh, I'm sure he must have done.....

..... after all the "good will" associated with his business is included in the deal! :lol:

(Actually - thinking about it - No! - it is surely unlikely.)

Can you take Brian Blessed out for half a day?

I understand that after six months pushing and winding he has managed to operate a lock so could be of some use.

Useful if you don't have a foghorn on board, I would imagine.

I reckon you lot are sad on a whole new level and watch way way to much telly!

:lol:

Lynall

I had a mate whom was once accused of watching too much telly. The accuser asked him; "don't you ever go out?" and his immediate retort was; "only to fix the aerial!"

I thought that was a classic reply :P

Edited by Doorman

We've had some stars hire from Middlewich Narrowboats.

Aye, and you've had some bloody heroes too by the looks of them at the tiller when they pass us on the cut! :wacko:

Edited by Doorman

How famous Chugga??

Mathew Corbett really name peter still owns Midnight. Its moored up the road from his canal side house at Lymm.

Spent a very liquid evening with them in the Wharf many years ago soon after they bought it, nice guy from what little I remember.