Celebrity boats

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

Matthew Corbett I think still owns Midnight which is moored at Lymm.....also seen David Jason on the Leics line but dont know if it was his own boat or he had borrowed one (Wasnt a hire boat!)

Sure there must be others but one of the great boating things is that however famous you are it gives the the chance to escape from the limelight for a while

Cheers

Gareth

John Sloan posts regularly on here as "Cotswoldman".

I know he's been on the telly, 'cos I've seen him!

Was it on Crime Watch UK?

Awfully sorry John, but that same question was also asked by me when the infamous Mr Mawdsley of Fettler's Wharf Marina bragged about how often he'd been on telly. His face was a bloody picture!

Couldn't resist it then either :P

Edited by Doorman

Brian Blessed once waved to me from the bow of a narrowboat going the opposite direction to me through Hilperton on the K&A, and a friend of mine once saw Camilla Parker Bowles on a boat nearby in Semington while her security patrolled the towpath. Also, I've heard that Bear Grylls has a Dutch barge on the Thames.

Was wondering what other celebrities have narrowboats besides Prunella Scales/Timothy West. Anyone spotted anyone?

I saw that Tim West a couple of years ago on the Oxford (presumably his missus was inside making the dinner). Said hello as I was walking down to the bottom of the Claydon flight Seemed very pleasant. He was touching up the paintwork on his boat. According to someone else I met the next day, this is not an uncommon occurence.

I saw that Tim West a couple of years ago on the Oxford (presumably his missus was inside making the dinner). Said hello as I was walking down to the bottom of the Claydon flight Seemed very pleasant. He was touching up the paintwork on his boat. According to someone else I met the next day, this is not an uncommon occurence.

We have followed "the Wests" down the Oxford, helping them through a few locks.

They were charming and very down to earth, (other than "Pru" has one of the poshest voices I have ever heard!...)

The only thing I think may have separated them from us was I'm sure the glasses of wine they were sipping from were from a very much more expensive bottle than anything we had on board!

Old Chalice blog post

About four or five years ago approaching Braunston Tunnel from the North end comes in the other direction no less a celebrity than BARRY GIBB of Bee Gee fame at the tiller of a (not obviously a hire boat) narrowboat.

I looked at him, he looked at me and he gave me a look that said 'I know you know who I am', we exchanged greetings and passed each other by. Where he went after then I do not know.

Regards

Ditchdabbler

I saw that vicar bloke who was on the Waterworld programme, I smiled at him (as I do at every passing boater) and he just gave me a sort of smug grimace. That was nice. Pillock.

I'd love to bump into Prunella Scales, I think she's marvellous. :wub:

I saw that vicar bloke who was on the Waterworld programme, I smiled at him (as I do at every passing boater) and he just gave me a sort of smug grimace. That was nice. Pillock.

I'd love to bump into Prunella Scales, I think she's marvellous. :wub:

Referring to another topic.

Prunella used to carry herbs on the boat.

I once heard her calling for some. BASIL!!!!!

Martyn