ABC Boats

Chris-B

Featured Posts

I have been asked by some friends who are

A) Not on the internet

B) Want my advice ( why you may well ask)

About ABC boats…They are looking for a 60ft wide beam shell either as a sail away or sail away lined and they have seen a couple of their shells whilst at our boat on Apollo duck

I know nothing about this company, so any and all information would be appreciated

If you do not wish to go on open forum you can always PM in confidence

Many thanks

Chris

From their web site, it appears that they only build boats which have a butty-style stern. This looks quite pleasing, if mildly eccentric, on their narrowboat, but decidedly plug ugly on their widebeam.

But then, if your friends are to be liveaboards, they won't be living on the outside of it, so a professional, practical and comfortable fit-out is more important than external lines.

From their web site, it appears that they only build boats which have a butty-style stern. This looks quite pleasing, if mildly eccentric, on their narrowboat, but decidedly plug ugly on their widebeam.

But then, if your friends are to be liveaboards, they won't be living on the outside of it, so a professional, practical and comfortable fit-out is more important than external lines.

We saw that boat at Crick in the flesh and it was attracting a lot of attention.

The photo of Jekyll and Hyde (the first on their website Gallery) looks very much like the shell that Boatymum has got (if you look at post #617 on Photos of your boat in this forum) so there may be a direct line, via PM, to an owner for a personal opinion.

Roger

Chris. Is this Aintree Boats or the ABC over in Lincolnshire (Boston I think)?

Mark

This is the one in Lincolnshire

Just trying to get a feel for what peoples opinions are ..

By the look of it there is only 1 cwdf member with one of their boats and I will pm her

Cheers

Chris