Webasto Header Tank

Farey

Featured Posts

The header tank for my Webasto Thermo Top C heater is leaking. I've tried unsuccessfully to repair it, so it looks like I need to replace it, ideally with something identical. It has an inlet at the side, and two outlets at the bottom, one of which is blocked off (but leaking). I've searched the web, but haven't found much suitable - can anyone suggest a supplier?

The header tank for my Webasto Thermo Top C heater is leaking. I've tried unsuccessfully to repair it, so it looks like I need to replace it, ideally with something identical. It has an inlet at the side, and two outlets at the bottom, one of which is blocked off (but leaking). I've searched the web, but haven't found much suitable - can anyone suggest a supplier?

Car breakers yard, pick up a header tank from there. Loads to choose and should cost a couple of quid.

The header tank for my Webasto Thermo Top C heater is leaking. I've tried unsuccessfully to repair it, so it looks like I need to replace it, ideally with something identical. It has an inlet at the side, and two outlets at the bottom, one of which is blocked off (but leaking).

Not sure if these tanks would be available as a replacement part?

They are plastic, so difficult to repair if split, but is the leak from a fitting, or the tank itself?

Could you for example, replace a fitting that is leaking using a tank connector?

Have you a scrap yard handy you could obtain a automotive type header tnak that would do the job?

I had to replace mine and bought it direct from recomended dealer via their website arrived in about 3 days Link

They are plastic, so difficult to repair if split, but is the leak from a fitting, or the tank itself?

There are two outlets on the bottom, one of which is blanked off; the leak is from the blanked off one. I've tried fixing it several time, trying various sealants, and screwing in a blanking stop, but the antifreeze/watrer mixture still seems to find a way out and into the cupboard.

I originally bought the tank from a Webasto dealer, about 8 years ago, but unfortunately can't remember the name.

I am shortly going to remove one to upgrade a system to pressurised, which is something you may want to consider BTW, new ones are quite expensive (our dealer part # 41K5210A about £120.00)You could fit a pressure vessel for less money and it is a better option, if you really want a header and can wait a couple of weeks or so I can let you have the one I'm removing quite cheap. Currently you do at least have the best option for a header tank system with in and out instead of just a single pipe which is really inefficient at removing air.

Edited by NMEA

I am shortly going to remove one to upgrade a system to pressurised, which is something you may want to consider BTW, new ones are quite expensive (our dealer part # 41K5210A about £120.00)You could fit a pressure vessel for less money and it is a better option, if you really want a header and can wait a couple of weeks or so I can let you have the one I'm removing quite cheap. Currently you do at least have the best option for a header tank system with in and out instead of just a single pipe which is really inefficient at removing air.

Thanks for the offer. I called Kings Lock Chandlery, and they were able to sell me a replace for just under £60. They said they got them specially made up.

Thanks for the offer. I called Kings Lock Chandlery, and they were able to sell me a replace for just under £60. They said they got them specially made up.

That's a good price, lower that the Webo wholesale so you did well and got the right component, welding the polyprop these things are made of is not like doing bumpers, different molecular make up and not under pressure either, I have made them myself from sheet but used a hot air gun and the correct filler rod, a bit like a plastic MIG welder if you will.