Where did you put all your stuff...?!!

Salopgal

Featured Posts

I'd agree with Ange. If you are on landline all the time, fine, but if you are going to be off a landline much, try and get rid and set yourself up fresh, using the money you can get from selling all those unwanted items you have!! A laptop that you can run from 12v will save you huge amounts of electric, then just invert when you need to print.

I'm "lucky" enough (or should that be daft enough?) to be on shore power, so powering the wee beastie is less of a concern. When I go out and about on the cut, the last thing I want to be doing is working anyway, so it will remain off!

For e-mails I can always use my phone when out and about :)

Books have been replaced by Kindles. My 950 CD collection is now on an ipod. Holiday/family videos and photos I'm transferring onto DVD's and/or memory sticks.

It helps that we're renting our house out so we will be able to store the few things we have left in a corner of the loft, and if there is anything 'private' we can store them in my son's loft.

Back everything up! You've got the places to stash copies away from the boat... Every electronic device will break and lose your data at some point - or get lost, or stolen, or change their T&C's.

I'm "lucky" enough (or should that be daft enough?) to be on shore power, so powering the wee beastie is less of a concern. When I go out and about on the cut, the last thing I want to be doing is working anyway, so it will remain off!

For e-mails I can always use my phone when out and about :)

You'll be fine then :) I can imagine a desktop fitting very well in my lappy corner - hubby has built a desk in the front corner of the living area with a printer cupboard over it. When we're not using it the door is closed so you can't see the printer. A desktop tower would sit very nicely under the desk.

I'll take some photos when it's a bit tidier :)

I sold my house and moved out a week ago .At the mo I``m staying with my daughter until I find the boat for me.Getting rid of years worth of stuff has been very stressful. I have chucked perfectly good stuff in the bin or hauled it down the tip.Taken it down the local RSPCA shop flogged it on ebay and given it away to friends and family.I still have a mountain of stuff in her spare bedroom that I can`t live without but know I can`t take it all with me.There are times when I wonder what the hell I`m doing and question my sanity.But it will all be worth it when I find my boat.

I sold my house and moved out a week ago .At the mo I``m staying with my daughter until I find the boat for me.Getting rid of years worth of stuff has been very stressful. I have chucked perfectly good stuff in the bin or hauled it down the tip.Taken it down the local RSPCA shop flogged it on ebay and given it away to friends and family.I still have a mountain of stuff in her spare bedroom that I can`t live without but know I can`t take it all with me.There are times when I wonder what the hell I`m doing and question my sanity.But it will all be worth it when I find my boat.

I think it's much to do with your state of mind. We're currently going through the same thing. Having lived in this house for 34 years and me being a compulsive hoarder it's been a marathon task clearing out. We've been doing it for 2 months and are nearly there. It has been hard at times parting with cherished posessions but then it's been quite liberating as well.

Having that goal of a better quality of live on a boat is a great motivator and focussing on that definitely helps, especially when you've bought the boat like we have just done. :)