Thought of a old man

scrunch

Featured Posts

So to everyone keep posting I love the sometimes heated discussions and to all the good boat people life is to short to really take things said so seriously, and it takes 35 muscles to smile and only 4 to smack someone.

Great ! - Hope you can receive the replies from under your bridge !

So, you like living in a floating caravan. Good for you. Do let us know when you decide to move.

Ohh, do you mean that you wash your boat with tap water?

Hello all,

I do find this all very funny, but the "do let us know when you decide to move". Comment could apply to all those CM ers , who bridge hop at best which if you read Ca RT blurb is not allowed.

If we All paid a fair amount it would improve the coffers and we may just get a better system for all of us to use and enjoy.

Just an Opinion

Old Git

Ps......Build heaps more marina's please, I do not care if they are used or not but it will help keep the water levels up as more water per pound in theory.

It would take an act of Parliament to remove the continual cruising rules.

Other than that, Old Git... Trolls live under bridges

No problems with Continuous Cruisers, its the Continuous Moorers on the towpath that nark me, when they dont move for months on end from the best spots near the pubs or other useful spots.

But just my opinion !

Old Git

For a start was the Troll refering to me if so why, and changes in Acts of parliament do happen, we no longer have squatters well, I will rephrase that we are no longer are supposed to have squatters.

I am not against continuous cruising I think its one of the best things to do if you can.

Floating caravan ? Bridge ?

Hi Scrunch,

Looking at the early replies to your post it is totally understandable why some members refrain from contributing more often.

There are many decent folk on here whom post with intelligible and informative content and then there are the others whom simply lurk behind bridges, waiting to prey upon anyone who simply holds an opinion.

The delicate art is to ignore their antagonistic antics and carry on regardless. I find that works very well.

Mike

Edited by Doorman
  • Greenie 3

Cheers Mike, I really hope things stay the same, last year when i was out on my boat (sorry floating caravan) I witnessed 3 cases of boat rage one finishing up with a boat owner punching another one for hitting his boat accidently as well, the other 2 where just shouting and puffing up. My boating days stretch to when you could reverse a narrowboat by using moored boats as a way of keeping staight can you imagine if you did that now :rolleyes:

Cheers Mike, I really hope things stay the same, last year when i was out on my boat (sorry floating caravan) I witnessed 3 cases of boat rage one finishing up with a boat owner punching another one for hitting his boat accidently as well, the other 2 where just shouting and puffing up. My boating days stretch to when you could reverse a narrowboat by using moored boats as a way of keeping staight can you imagine if you did that now :rolleyes:

Ah, so that was you who used our GRP cruiser to guide you into that lock! :P

Aye - Scrunch may well wash his boat with tap water - - - - -

- - - - - - but he doesn't drive it around full of other folks faeces !!!

( :glare: )

Yeah, I'm full of crap too. The difference is that I can get my tanks emptied, and be no longer full of crap. Others on the other hand...

• Greenie 1

So, lets see, 6 greenies for Scrunch so far, the miseries only get 2 between them. So I would say that Scrunch wins the popular vote with the miseries put well in their place! Well done, keep it up!

'Tis a good thing that the world is not run by 'the popular vote'. Imagine the mess we would be in.

'Tis a good thing that the world is not run by 'the popular vote'. Imagine the mess we would be in.

True, however also a good thing that the world is not run by miserable and unfriendly people. (although.....)

Edited by nicknorman

Hey Scrunch :)

I've voiced my abhorrence of marina living many times, but that's just how I feel about it for me - if the life suits you at this point in your life then chill out, be happy, and ignore what anyone else says.

If you're happy that's all that counts - ignore all the "stuff" that goes on here

Whatever floats your boat my friend :cheers:

Hey Scrunch :)

I've voiced my abhorrence of marina living many times, but that's just how I feel about it for me - if the life suits you at this point in your life then chill out, be happy, and ignore what anyone else says.

If you're happy that's all that counts - ignore all the "stuff" that goes on here

Whatever floats your boat my friend :cheers:

That's true Ange.

Marina life is not for everyone and the wanderers like you and Dave would never be settled there, but everyone has different needs so it's definitely horses for courses.

No more Tesco jokes please.

Oh go on then.............. :P

Imagine the mess we would be in.

If the world was run by people who see the negative in everything that is said by others, simply because it doesn't fall in line with their own narrow minded views.

Yes, it would be a very sad place indeed.

If the world was run by people who see the negative in everything that is said by others, simply because it doesn't fall in line with their own narrow minded views.

Yes, it would be a very sad place indeed.

Bit of a generalization sjurly? Everything? I can be quite cheerful sometimes, but I'm getting better at hidding it. What got me about the OP was the level of moaning, and howmuch of it, in what is by his own account a first post after lenghty lurking. His comment about his boat now being shinier because he's in a marina.. Whoopidoo. As for the old chestnut of reporting unlicenced boats, sigh, CRT have that sorted, they have checkers going round, who will spot unlicecned boats. Not boats without a valid disc. There are several reasons why a boat may not display a licence, non of which are the OP's business.

Whoopidoo.

(Would do a smiley but phone says no...)