webasto

STIG

Featured Posts

Can you remember when you bought your first boat :banghead: There`s so much going on all you want to do is get out there and cruise :rolleyes:

When we bought ours , there were various control buttons on the kitchen worktop and I thought I had put them all in a cupboard together out the way so we could concentrate on the most important, with the thought that as and when we get round to reading the folder of manuals that came with it , everything then would fit into place.

Have you ever - Oh! that`s what thats for :mellow: can`t find the damn thing anywhere :angry: had the boat nearly inside out :wacko:

What I am talking about is a remote for the webasto, funny little thing but could come in useful as ours is reverse layout, bedroom at front and heating control at rear. These remotes I`m to believe are to switch the heating off, as ours is only basic control with little flame button or timer to switch on but it doesn`t timer to switch off. :blush:

Now I distinctly remember seeing one on board when we looked around but don`t remember anything else.

:help:

Can you buy these, if so where

• Greenie 1

not sure about the remote but I have just fitted a heatmiser 7 day programmer from Evesham Marina. This saves the problem of remembering to turn the heating off, can be programmed to turn on/off up to 4 times a day

not sure about the remote but I have just fitted a heatmiser 7 day programmer from Evesham Marina. This saves the problem of remembering to turn the heating off, can be programmed to turn on/off up to 4 times a day

I really shouldn't say this but, don't go buying heatmisers from chandlers at £90+ they are only £31 from heating suppliers including delivery, you do need to make a small loom with about 25p of cable and bootlace ferulles mind.

What the OP needs is a telestart controller, they are available seperately as well as a kit with reciever but one can simply cable up an on / off switch in the bedroom as well as the origonal position anyway, screwed down stuff doesn't get lost.

I really shouldn't say this but, don't go buying heatmisers from chandlers at £90+ they are only £31 from heating suppliers including delivery, you do need to make a small loom with about 25p of cable and bootlace ferulles mind.

What the OP needs is a telestart controller, they are available seperately as well as a kit with reciever but one can simply cable up an on / off switch in the bedroom as well as the origonal position anyway, screwed down stuff doesn't get lost.

Oh right , would that be a similar unit, quite like that idea. If you set the timer at night thinking that it`s going to be cold then after half an hour or so you find it`s not as cold as you thought, or the other way round.Can`t do with being too warm in the mornings but don`t like getting up when its freezing :glare:

Oh right , would that be a similar unit, quite like that idea. If you set the timer at night thinking that it`s going to be cold then after half an hour or so you find it`s not as cold as you thought, or the other way round.Can`t do with being too warm in the mornings but don`t like getting up when its freezing :glare:

You really need a new remote for your telestart from your requirement then, either that or an overide switch by your bed, the remote can be obtained via your local Webo dealer. An overide switch is fairly simple to cable up but the thing about a good telestart is you can turn the heating on from the pub if its not too far away. :cheers:

sounds great

love to have it, but nearly all the tech details went right over my head!!!!

plug and play I can just about manage

sounds espensive

the lady owner that owns the boat next door, dials up her heating, it makes me smile when out side I hear the heating start up

Col

Edited by bigcol

sounds great

love to have it, but nearly all the tech details went right over my head!!!!

plug and play I can just about manage

sounds espensive

the lady owner that owns the boat next door, dials up her heating, it makes me smile when out side I hear the heating start up

Col

Yes, that will be thermo call or similar, talk to any local Webasto dealer about what you need, we are in the main quite enthusiastic and happy to discuss peoples needs and whether we can meet them.... or not in some cases.