Caraboat on eBay

kienik

Featured Posts

Evening all this is probably in the wrong section

Just a heads up, I'm selling my friends caraboat for him as he has just bought a 30 foot steel nb, it's on eBay but not sure how to pot a link on here, if anyone knows how to do it then feel free to post it on the correct forum on here

Many thanks

Nik

Kevinl

I did put an update on this evening detailing the issues you have raised, I guess you must have missed it

Nik

Thanks, it's on my watch list but I doubt I'll be able to afford the final price, however, the "push start" engine bit not very easy on a boat, unless you're Jesus. DSoes it come with an infinite supply of loaves and fishes?

K

Is this the one moored at Golden Nook on the Shroppie? We did admire it last year whilst passing the what seemed like miles and miles of inline moorings.

:cheers:

Hi johnmck

Yes this is the one moored at Golden Nook, she is a great little er boat or is it caravan? I'm sure she will sell really well, got 96 watchers and over 900 views in 12 hours!

Nik

There are only about 20 left out of the 64 built in the early 1970's. They originally powered by a 4.5 Hp Lombardini petrol engine driving a waterjet.

They was a bit of a panic back in the late 70's in Poole Harbour when someone launched one from the Hamworthy Park slipway and as they sailed passed the quay the lifeboat was called out, As people thought it was a caravan that had rolled in the water and was drifting out into the centre of the harbour. When all that they were doing was going out for a day's sail around Brownsea island.

There are only about 20 left out of the 64 built in the early 1970's. They originally powered by a 4.5 Hp Lombardini petrol engine driving a waterjet.

They was a bit of a panic back in the late 70's in Poole Harbour when someone launched one from the Hamworthy Park slipway and as they sailed passed the quay the lifeboat was called out, As people thought it was a caravan that had rolled in the water and was drifting out into the centre of the harbour. When all that they were doing was going out for a day's sail around Brownsea island.

Brilliant bit of history, I had a call from the caraboat club this evening showing an interest in her, almost 1400 views in 24 hours and three bids so far, fingers crossed she sells well and my friend can get a good price for her.

Hi johnmck

Yes this is the one moored at Golden Nook, she is a great little er boat or is it caravan? I'm sure she will sell really well, got 96 watchers and over 900 views in 12 hours!

Nik

Genuine question - why would you pay for a mooring with a caraboat? I'd assumed that owners would just pull the boat out and keep it parked somewhere?

I don't see any mention of Boat Safety Certificate. Checking other adverts for boats will suggest the key information needed to attract people who might be interested in buying rather than just looking at an interesting and unusual boat.

There is another one "moored" on a blokes drive about 100 yards from my home. A quirky craft.

I don't see any mention of Boat Safety Certificate. Checking other adverts for boats will suggest the key information needed to attract people who might be interested in buying rather than just looking at an interesting and unusual boat.

Hi,if using a Caraboat as a `visiting boat`,with an explorer licence,a safety certificate is not needed.

I saw one like this moored at Barbridge last year, tis it the same one?

Hi darren72

This is definitely the Same one, my friend Brian had some engine issues and took the outboard round to the workshop at barbridge, all sorted now.

More information has been added to the description. The Caraboat does have a Boat Safety Certificate.

(I haven't looked at the listing)

They're potentially great little boats, 12 ft. ? long so quite tiny with not al loot of room for anythnig.

The principal advantage is that they have their own built in trailer - just hitch it up and off you go, more flexible than the smallest Sea Otter and much cheaper.

There was one on the river Wey called "Ron's A Wey" - think the owner got a lot of fun out of it.

Seemed to be a clamshell fibreglass construction (that's where "tupperware" originated not because boats were ugly.

(I haven't looked at the listing)

They're potentially great little boats, 12 ft. ? long so quite tiny with not al loot of room for anythnig.

The principal advantage is that they have their own built in trailer - just hitch it up and off you go, more flexible than the smallest Sea Otter and much cheaper.

There was one on the river Wey called "Ron's A Wey" - think the owner got a lot of fun out of it.

Seemed to be a clamshell fibreglass construction (that's where "tupperware" originated not because boats were ugly.

A bit over 16 ft long actually,and very roomy inside.There`s no trailer as such,all the wheels and towhitch are built into the boat.Are you sure you`re not confusing it with a Caracruiser,which is quite a different beast?

Edited by mokjumbo