Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MJG

Skipton Waterways festival Banter Saturday 4th May 2013

Featured Posts

Thanks for a lovely evening everyone, and for making us so welcome. Have a great day at the Raft Race today - we may even have a drive out if the weather picks up!

It was nice to put some more names to faces, and a shame that a few couldn't make it at the last minute! Some really nice boats moored up (I did like a red boat called 'Matilda' and the boat that was turned into Whacky Racers was just brilliant - Such a huge effort.) (And for once I didn't take loads of photos)

I loved the feel of the place. Local community - land and water based - putting a cracking event on.

Had we known about the raft race, and the night-time cruise, we would have been down today too! That's the plan for next year done! cheers.gif

We popped in to the Narrow Boat couldn't stay long as we were with friends but great to meet the people we did speak to Boat Alice No 1 moored B4 Geoff Joan Steven

Had a wonderful evening meeting new friends; bad head now receding nicely. Full English breakfast under way - so glad we came!

Was a good weekend, shame several potential banterers who wanted to come couldn't make irt but those that did had a "good do". Spent Monday wandering the hills above Malham in great weather. It's the wrong time of year for me to get the boat there but will consider revisiting next year. I was sort of challenged to enter the raft race and perhaps do something interesting for the illuminated boat parade, but it is a long time away.

Was a good weekend, shame several potential banterers who wanted to come couldn't make irt but those that did had a "good do". Spent Monday wandering the hills above Malham in great weather. It's the wrong time of year for me to get the boat there but will consider revisiting next year. I was sort of challenged to enter the raft race and perhaps do something interesting for the illuminated boat parade, but it is a long time away.

Would those be the hills where we went walking too?

923199_10151559758604070_741337095_n.jpg

I think it is obvious you enjoyed yourself Colin - you have a huge smile on your face:

390771_10151559751814070_780287974_n.jpg

Meanwhile Steven was having lots of fun making mud pies with the children in the name of education:

482449_10151559759659070_401327899_n.jpg

......and while these lovely ladies were possibly in charge of one of the slowest rafts - just look how much fun they are having!

940994_10151559752174070_699520254_n.jpg

Had a wonderful evening meeting new friends; bad head now receding nicely. Full English breakfast under way - so glad we came!

You do appear to be suffering a little - and there was still another night of drinking to go when this was taken!

922947_10151559829414070_494805372_n.jpg

Just about recovered biggrin.png good to meet some old forum friends and some new ones ...... few pics below and others of the festival here for anyone interested ...https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201186444293204.1073741826.1533376098&type=1&l=ebba1a0967

tis a good little festival

Postcode and Dr Bradley

DSCN0862_zpsfc3bec2c.jpg

Albion, DaveP Postcode and Ian and Polly from Yorkshire Boat Services (plug wink.png ) in The Narrowboat

DSCN3726_zps8a8827da.jpg

Alice B Cheshire Rose and Postcode

DSCN3725_zps9c7cb354.jpg

mmmm food .... Steve Wilkinson and Dr Bradley

DSCN3723_zpseb3d2984.jpg

DSCN3722_zps5fa48bd4.jpg

and if you have never been to a banter ... try and get to one cheers.gif

Polly here. Question for Jan:

The envelopes you gave me for recycling ink cartridges in aid of the Chesterfield Canal Trust say "A minimum of 3 inkjets required for payment" I presume this means it isn't worth sending an envelope unless there are at least 3 cartridges enclosed, and is there a maximum weight or is that just as many as we can stuff in?

Good to meet you; hope you had a pleasant trip back..Skipton is much quieter now!

Sorry I missed the beers folks.

The festival was great and I particularly enjoyed being on the male team of said worlds slowest raft.