snowmaggedon starts

matty40s

Featured Posts

I wanted to quote snowfall in inches but the forecast gave it in CM and and I'm not too sure how many inches are in 12/13cm! :lol::captain::banghead:

2.5 centimeters (roughly) equals 1 inch.

My hubby is bilingual - as a former fencer (not the sword waving ones!) he has an eye for a measurement and he uses whichever is closest - apparently 3/8 of an inch can be closer than 10mm to the precise measurement!

Snowing lightly here in Worcester - the now iced over canal is looking like a white roadway. Heavy snow predicted in the early hours - we had the severe weather talk at work today - "come in if at all possible, don't put yourself at risk but you're taking unpaid leave or holiday if you don't make it in". We're about 2 miles away so unless it falls out of the sky stupidly I'll be at work tomorrow.

Dave was in Tesco earlier today and wondered whether it was Christmas Eve again it was so manic!

ETA the snow shovels and sleds that they couldn't get rid of last year are being sold in droves! Dreadful cheap overpriced plastic stuff IMO

Edited by Ange

Dave was in Tesco earlier today and wondered whether it was Christmas Eve again it was so manic!

It's what we Brits do - it's snowing/raining/the end of the world....

so we go to the supermarket and buy bread and milk....

It's what we Brits do - it's snowing/raining/the end of the world....

so we go to the supermarket and buy bread and milk....

Is very true. Though to be fair Dave did say that he wondered if a few old people's coaches had pulled up. If you're a bit doddery on your pins I should imagine snow and ice is a scary prospect.

It has been snowing lightly all afternoon in Chesterfield, it is landing on top of the snow (ice) that has not melted from the last fall a couple of days ago. By 5pm the fresh snow had started to lightly cover cars and although it is only light snow it has been falling all evening. Obviously if any quantity falls it is going to pile up quite quickly here.

According to the various forecasts we are just on the edge of the really severe stuff and so we should get off lighlty but Dave has brought his laptop home and told them he may work from home tomorrow, he works an hour further north east and so if the predictions work his place of work will get less than here at home so he does not want to go to work only to find he can't get home. I have at the back of my mind I may stay at home tomorrow too. I will make a decision when I see what the morning holds but the property I am supposed to be decorating is the other side of town and up a very steep hill!

My daughter reported that Sainsbury in Tamworth had not got a single potato or any fruits and veg left when she called there after work today - not even 1 apple!

Oh!!! perhaps I should have bought some milk before it started snowing......... what a shame, no milk..... can't drive.... better drink beer instead :cheers:

Stay warm and safe everyone

Is very true. Though to be fair Dave did say that he wondered if a few old people's coaches had pulled up. If you're a bit doddery on your pins I should imagine snow and ice is a scary prospect.

sounds like good planning to me. it was pretty empty when i was in morrisons today though

My car is finally fixed so i have to go to Glastonbury to pick it up, i may leave it to Sat though in case it really is snowmageddon in the morning

It's snowing in the most desultory fashion in Coventry.

A marvellous description! It reminds me of the stock headline quoted by editors to young news journalists for a piece which no one at all would read:

"Small war in far-off country. Not many dead".

Greeno awarded.

Well that was an anti climax! Woke this morning to find not much more than a dusting of snow. Roads were clear so off to work we go.

We are heading to Lincoln this evening so fingers crossed the roads stay not too bad. Car stocked up with plenty of food and drink and fuel do even if we do get stuck we will survive.

Yello,

It's just started on The Thames here at Runnymede .... quite heavy as well. I've a kilo of salt and a shovel at the ready.

"Don't eat yello snow !"

Malc. :unsure:

PS ... The river is strangely turbulent today as well as last night. My swingometer is doing it's stuff !

Edited by Serenity Malc

where's the snow ?? wish we'd stayed at home in Norfolk, just s very light dusting here thats stopped here in East Midlands even the ice disappeared when I ran the engine. very disapponted should have stayed at home. Big freeze Phah!

where's the snow ?? wish we'd stayed at home in Norfolk, just s very light dusting here thats stopped here in East Midlands even the ice disappeared when I ran the engine. very disapponted should have stayed at home. Big freeze Phah!

Now look - you can't have everything snow and an Earthquake

Did the earth move for you??

Started here in Sheffield about an hour ago. Quite light at the minute but it isn't supposed to start here until tomorrow!

It was quite odd in Sheffield yesterday. As you say, 3-ish it started with a something and nothing kind of odd flake here and there. 16:00 got up to go home, still the same. By the time I got from floor 5 to the ground it were proper snow.

The roads were clear of snow, but for some inexplicable reason it took about 20 minutes from Forgemasters to Meadowhall to find absolutely nothing that might have caused it.

Well that was an anti climax! Woke this morning to find not much more than a dusting of snow. Roads were clear so off to work we go.

We are heading to Lincoln this evening so fingers crossed the roads stay not too bad. Car stocked up with plenty of food and drink and fuel do even if we do get stuck we will survive.

Avoid their sausages at all costs. :)