iPhone app

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I got an iphone for Christmas and looked at that app. I could not get it to work either, but all the reviews say that it is rubbish and you may as well just use the browser and let it pick up the mobile profile.

The only thing that I don't like about that is that the image shown against the posts in the mobile profile seems to be the users personal photo and not their avatar. Some people don't have a personal photo set, and other have a different picture to their avatar. It would be great if that could be changed so it showed the avatar the same as the main profile does, or at least if everyone set the same image for both!

Just downloaded the IP board app. Anyone know how I find this forum on there? Also how do I use the chat room on my phone?

The IP board app presents the same interface to you as if you are looking at the forum on a mobile device. The IP board app adds no additional functionality...

For total clarity it's a waste of time.

I can't get the IP app to work at all on my iPhone4. Nor is chat available.

Is chat accessible on Android fones?

MtB

The interface is exactly the same on either OS, and it's exactly the same as the interface which appears whether you use the app. or not. The app. is an unnecessary addition.

Chat is not available via. the mobile version of the forum or the app, personal messenger is though.

If you force your phone (either OS) to use the full version of the forum (switch at the bottom of the screen) then I guess the chat facility is available - I've not tried this though.