Plans for 2013

Dave_P

Featured Posts

The tidal Trent is fine so long as you are sensible and plan ahead.

Next year our big summer holiday is two weeks on the Norfolk broads. The big bit is getting there though, along the coast.

I bought the trent guide from these guys a while back My link

Don't know what I've done with it though. Will have to have a search.

The current idea, I will not say "Plan" due to so many variables, is to head down from Crick towards Oxford. Then onto the Thames and then the K & A.

After that, who knows. You never know, drought conditions may well see us heading north once again!!!! ( I was ever the optomist for sun this year and look what that did for me!)

:cheers:

Our preliminary plans are;

Easter cruise to Banbury and return

May: Market Harborough and return

August either Froghall or Bugsworth Basin and return

Base being on the North Oxford at Brinklow

unfortunately work will break these trips up for this year until we can retire !

We will continue to be constrained by Cath's job to school holidays and weekends at least to the summer, which always limits what we might like to do.

But we will certainly be carefully considering Events in 2013, with specific reference to those with a "historic" connection, to see what we may be able to take "Sickle to.

I would hope to include at least.....

Sat 15th – Sun 16th June – Stoke Bruerne Canal Gala

Sat 29th – Sun 30th June – Braunston Historic Boats

????? August - Alvecote ?????

Sat 7th - Sun 8th Sept - Shackerstone Festival

Sat 14th – Sun 15th Sept - Stoke Bruerne Village at War

I am also tackling the tidal Trent on my way anticlockwise North via lincoln/boston/sheffield/leeds/skipton/wigan etc. When are you planning on doing the Trent? I've done it upstream solo but panicking about doing it downstream especially if it don't stop raining!!! May have to go plan b if the rains still a gonna fall.

I'm planning to go upstream in the summer sometime. Are you allowed to go solo?

I am also tackling the tidal Trent on my way anticlockwise North via lincoln/boston/sheffield/leeds/skipton/wigan etc. When are you planning on doing the Trent? I've done it upstream solo but panicking about doing it downstream especially if it don't stop raining!!! May have to go plan b if the rains still a gonna fall.

No problem doing the Trent solo provided it's not in flood. Listen to what the lockies advise re times and tides and try and find out how to enter Keadby without hitting the walls. I've yet to manage that.

If I don't have to go back to the continent for Summer, then it's hopefully the year of the 'L' (Leeds & Liverpool, Lancaster and Llangollen). But not so much as a plan, more of a hope....

--

Dave

Mrs TNC is dagging me off on another of her large tin boat cruises...the highlight is a couple of traverses of the Kiel Canal :cheers:

After 23 years (mostly) with boats at Harefield Marina, Mrs TNC is moving N Bear Nest to a nu mooring!!! :o

a walk into the countryside for me and the mutt - as far away from fireworks as possible! However - we have found some very good doggie drugs, so hopefully she wont be as terrified!

When you doing this boat jiggle for Middlewich? Any idea where boats are coming from? Sailaways or 2nd hand? 4 hire boats for sale at Swanley