What do you do with you Christmas left overs?

Ray T

Featured Posts

We mince the whole lot up, stir in a couple of beaten eggs and fry. The mixture is not fried as one mass but in dessert spoon sized pieces.

A sort of bubble and squeak.

Serve with a dash of Hendersons Relish (Naughty Cal will know what I am on about)

http://hendersonsrelish.com/

This is the main course not Christmas Pud!

Delicious.

That's what we do with all our unused veg...Mash it up, bind it with an egg or two...season and fry in olive oil (or butter) in burger sized patties. Home & Bargains sell those cheap plastic boxes ( the sort that take aways come in)...Carve up all the remaining meats and freeze.... Boil the bones with herbs and spices in lots of water - reduce and make delicious stock which will freeze in ordinary sandwich bags tied at the top. Half empty bottles of wine (yes I know they don't exist in our house) can be poured into ice cube bags and frozen...Next time you need a splash of wine in a sauce, take a few wine cubes out....Make most use of the freezer.....If you haven't got one on the boat then it's turkey curry for the next month!

We mince the whole lot up, stir in a couple of beaten eggs and fry. The mixture is not fried as one mass but in dessert spoon sized pieces.

A sort of bubble and squeak.

Serve with a dash of Hendersons Relish (Naughty Cal will know what I am on about)

http://hendersonsrelish.com/

This is the main course not Christmas Pud!

Delicious.

Hmmm Hendersons Relish. According to the bottle Unlike other comparable sauces, the relish is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. So. Lacking in depth of flavour and complexity?

Tonight we had pie made from duck, guinea fowl and turkey, with mushrooms, tarragon and fresh cream, served with vegetable hash. Quite a lot of the leftovers are in the dog, I've chopped up and frozen the rest of the meat to have in risotto, but I've still got a lot of sausage meat and a whole untouched marks n sparks ham. None of it will be thrown, I'll be Googling recipes for the next couple of weeks. It's going to be strange eating so much meat, because we rarely buy it, all this I brought back from a family gathering, no one else wanted it.

Anyway, I just went to Tesco in time for the markdowns, they're going to be slinging a lot out tonight - must've been over 200 loaves of bread there that they're trying to get rid of for 15p a loaf. If only I had a bigger freezer.

Tonight we had pie made from duck, guinea fowl and turkey, with mushrooms, tarragon and fresh cream, served with vegetable hash. Quite a lot of the leftovers are in the dog, I've chopped up and frozen the rest of the meat to have in risotto, but I've still got a lot of sausage meat and a whole untouched marks n sparks ham. None of it will be thrown, I'll be Googling recipes for the next couple of weeks. It's going to be strange eating so much meat, because we rarely buy it, all this I brought back from a family gathering, no one else wanted it.

Anyway, I just went to Tesco in time for the markdowns, they're going to be slinging a lot out tonight - must've been over 200 loaves of bread there that they're trying to get rid of for 15p a loaf. If only I had a bigger freezer.

As a fellow reduced food hunter you'll love this....... i was in a Tesco in London well before Crimbo, and there was a mini riot with immigrants all over the floor scrabbling for reduced veges, one old biddy was pushed into the pile of bread crates !! i never seen anything like it, and iv'e been stocking my freezer on reductions for over 10 years, it really distgusted me that parts of this country have come to this.

....it really distgusted me that parts of this country have come to this.

When I was a yoof I worked in the local CVS charity shop and one day was chatting to one of the regular old dears about jumble sale tactics and she told me that to make sure she was at the front of the rush, as the doors opened, she used to "rattle folks on the hips" with the brick she had buried in the bottom of her handbag, to clear a path.

Times haven't changed, just the venues.