Replies sequence

tobytimothy

Featured Posts

Is there any merit in reversing the order of replies to each topic?

At the moment the latest reply appears at the end of the posts (or last to put it another way), so if you are one of the people like myself who regularly logs on you have to scroll through all the replies you have previously read before you come to the one you have not. This is not a problem if there are not many replies on the topic but can take some time if there are many. By reversing the order so that the latest reply appears first it means that when you select a topic you automatically see the latest post first. The down side would be that anyone wishing to read in sequence would then have to scroll upwards rather than downwards.

How do the rest of you high useage members feel?

Is there any merit in reversing the order of replies to each topic?

At the moment the latest reply appears at the end of the posts (or last to put it another way), so if you are one of the people like myself who regularly logs on you have to scroll through all the replies you have previously read before you come to the one you have not. This is not a problem if there are not many replies on the topic but can take some time if there are many. By reversing the order so that the latest reply appears first it means that when you select a topic you automatically see the latest post first. The down side would be that anyone wishing to read in sequence would then have to scroll upwards rather than downwards.

How do the rest of you high useage members feel?

:P:rolleyes::blink:

I can see your point <_< . When things like "Virtual Pub" grow that will mean a lot of scrolling. No doubt Jon will tell us when he has time! :lol: