Anyone on their boat for Christmas

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

On Friday we go to the boat and on Saturday we get to dogsit my grandoggies for 2 days. Daughter and S.I.L arrive Sunday night and we will exchange gifts with them then.

We plan to have a little chug up to Gnosall where we hope to meet up with our pikey live aboard friends who I am hoping will teach me what comes after the Fisher Price "My First Logs" lesson they taught me in spring. They said the twigs needed to season and they have been on the roof since spring so hopefully no more salt and vinegar will be required. ;)

Me have have a eensy weensie drinkies in The Navigation on Christmas day but no plans for any major feats of cooking for a few days anyway.

Boxing day we will head back to our mooring, get into the car and install ourselves in the travelodge at Luff for two nights and I expect total mayhem to follow. BANTER!!!!

Then back to the boat and do some shopping for some quality food so Dave and I will share a proper home (boat) cooked meal on New Years Eve to celebrate

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas whatever they are doing

We will be on the boat for Christmas and probably New Year too! We love Christmas but value an opportunity for some quiet time together after the obligatory family visits and Midnight Mass . . .

Edited for cold fingers :)

Edited by NB Alnwick

My dad was going to join us on the boats this year, really looking forward to hosting him, he doesn't celebrate crimble,so our visits to him over the past 15 festive periods have been very quiet, and we usually celebrate a few days later back at the boat.

You know what they say about Great plans! He has just took a tumble and is in hospital now, chest infection, dehydrated and malnourished :rolleyes: seems he collapsed and was found by a neighbour this afternoon, silly old bugger! Despite his assurances he was coping Ok, its pretty obvious now he let himself go a bit!

He's in hospital so i've Just got to go and rescue his pets now, 280 miles each way!

Merry christmas!

We shall be doing what has become or annual jaunt on the boat the day after boxing day to spend the remainder of the Christmas period on the boat and see the new year in. A little different this year since I have now retired and so don't have work to get back to so if it's nice who knows when we shall return.

Duty calls over Christmas - we're with Dave's parents in Kent. Seeing as his brother and family are coming all the way from Denver, Colorado to visit it'd be a bit rude not to.

We're on the boat for the New Year though. Just gotta decide what to do New Year's Eve. Chances are we'll end up treating ourselves to a take away and munchies and watching Jules Holland on the TV - going down the pub for New Year just isn't the same if you don't know anyone!

In the past we have always gone out on Christmas Day, had toasted bacon & mushroom sandwiches for lunch then gone back home for the full blow-out.

This year some friends joining us on the 23rd then heading up the Llangollen for a few days. Boat will be loaded to the gunwales with food and drink, not least a turkey plus all the trimmings.

After we get back, son & gf are coming over for a second "Christmas Day" or "+mas". Traditional bacon & mushroom toasties for that, then Beef Wellington later.

Problem then is getting rid of the excess weight - a lean January is forecast!

Sounds fun...just watch that Swanley locks shut on Jan 3rd for 6 weeks! x

OP yeh I wish, but NO! we are doing the same sh*t again with her mum and brother and his current G/F or wife / and or current shag and my mum if she decides to come (not yet decided).

Duty calls over Christmas - we're with Dave's parents in Kent. Seeing as his brother and family are coming all the way from Denver, Colorado to visit it'd be a bit rude not to.

We're on the boat for the New Year though. Just gotta decide what to do New Year's Eve. Chances are we'll end up treating ourselves to a take away and munchies and watching Jules Holland on the TV - going down the pub for New Year just isn't the same if you don't know anyone!

We hate the new year thing. We always feel like we are missing the joke. All that reveralry, its just another day! We usually turn in early and decline to go to parties. I'm suppriesd anyone even botheres to invite us after all this time.

• 2 weeks later...