Theft from Boat

wiccan

Featured Posts

The wife and I left the boat on the linear moorings at Trinity Marina on the Ashby canal whilst we went Christmas shopping. Whilst we were out someone removed our Ash Tippee (they even took the ash that was going cold with it)

No one saw anything or anyone near the boat or noticed anything suspicious.

Those blooming things aren't cheap (for what they are). I hate to think its a fellow boater but I can't think of anyone else who would want one.

We all leave stuff on top of our boats - before long everything gonna have yo be padlock and security marked - its sad.

Really? Scrap merchants eg?

Last year I stupidly forgot to put a windlass away when we went to the pub for lunch and when we returned an hour later it had gone. We were moored at Wrenbury which you would hardly call a crime hotspot. There were no kids around who may have chucked it into the cut for a laugh so sadly it must have been a fellow boater.

Last year I stupidly forgot to put a windlass away when we went to the pub for lunch and when we returned an hour later it had gone. We were moored at Wrenbury which you would hardly call a crime hotspot. There were no kids around who may have chucked it into the cut for a laugh so sadly it must have been a fellow boater.

Yeah, it will have been one of them shiny boats wiv the polished brass, you cant trust anybody now.

Tim

Maybe it was (not sure what your point is?). I've had things removed from my boat which I assume was removed by other boaters too (bags of coal, diesel from the tank etc) but the OP said he couldn't imagine any other scenario and I was pointing out that I could imagine at least one other scenario and others had suggested more. It's a guessing game and it may have been a boater/scrap metal merchant/people (it's not just kids you know) throwing it into the cut for no good reason.

Maybe it was (not sure what your point is?).

My point is that I was replying to the OP who said "I hate to think its a fellow boater but I can't think of anyone else who would want one".

In other words, like he does I also suspect it was probably another boater who nicked it, which IMO is quite sad. I'm not naive enough to think that the boating community doesn't have any dishonest people though.

I had a ball removed off my morse lever in Birmingham I thought who want that? Then later that day (it was a Sunday) I gave a fellow boater a handcuff key after explaining I was now boating with the screw thread on my morse lever he came back with a ball it had a worn thread but with a bit of masking tape on the thread managed to do the trick till a couple of days later when I managed to get a replacement, so not all bad.

I had a ball removed off my morse lever in Birmingham I thought who want that? Then later that day (it was a Sunday) I gave a fellow boater a handcuff key after explaining I was now boating with the screw thread on my morse lever he came back with a ball it had a worn thread but with a bit of masking tape on the thread managed to do the trick till a couple of days later when I managed to get a replacement, so not all bad.

Of course, the person who gave you the ball may well have been the person that nicked yours.

My point is that I was replying to the OP who said "I hate to think its a fellow boater but I can't think of anyone else who would want one".

In other words, like he does I also suspect it was probably another boater who nicked it, which IMO is quite sad. I'm not naive enough to think that the boating community doesn't have any dishonest people though.

There are as many dishonest boaters as there are dishonest anybody else type people. Thats what always makes me laugh in the marina when we have to open ninety four gates and negotiate machine gun posts just to get to the boat. All those gates keep the thieves locked in with us. :cheers:

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly

There are as many dishonest boaters as there are dishonest anybody else type people. Thats what always makes me laugh in the marina when we have to open ninety four gates and negotiate machine gun posts just to get to the boat. All those gates keep the thieves locked in with us. :cheers:

Tim

Ain't that the flamin' truth!!!!!

And that, coupled with Management that don't give a tinkers cuss, just about sets the scene......

Ain't that the flamin' truth!!!!!

And that, coupled with Management that don't give a tinkers cuss, just about sets the scene......

I will have you know young man that we have a new lady manager now who keeps sending us nice little letters to read !! :cheers:

Tim