2013 boat events

Featured Posts

I suggest that you go to http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51501&st=20 and look at item #29. Alan Fincher has just provided a list of all known major historic boat events next year.

Yes,

I should emphasise that my interest, being a historic boat owner, was mainly for events that would have at least some nod to historic boats.

That said, I think the list has already grown a bit beyond that.

There are some other events that I know of which will almost certainly be repeated in 2013, but there is as yet no firmed up date published for them - I'll add those I get to hear about.

But I'm certainly not attempting to get together into one list every event next year, with a canal boating connection - I'll leave that to others if they interested. :rolleyes:

Yes,

I should emphasise that my interest, being a historic boat owner, was mainly for events that would have at least some nod to historic boats.

There are some other events that I know of which will almost certainly be repeated in 2013, but there is as yet no firmed up date published for them - I'll add those I get to hear about.

But I'm certainly not attempting to get together into one list every event next year, with a canal boating connection - I'll leave that to others if they interested. :rolleyes:

Can't see that many (Any) ex working boats going to the Staveley Town Basin Event!

Tim

Can't see that many (Any) ex working boats going to the Staveley Town Basin Event!

Tim

I suspect the boats that will be there will be current working boats (trip boats!) and trailer boats - there were 6 boats in attendance last year including two which were craned in for the event!

Of course depending on how generous people are with their bids at the Christmas Charity Auction and the associated Virtual Bric-a-Brac table we might actually raise enough money to join up the 8½ mile gap :rolleyes:

People could always bring along their shovel and help dig too :lol:

Well, I did say.....

Where I wasn't adding events to my initial list that people are telling me about, I was getting some polite reminders, (although I'm not sure that was the case there!)

Edited by alan_fincher