Billing Aquadrome

Captain Miss Pugwash

Featured Posts

Does anyone know where Tree is, as I am very sorry to say that her boat has sunk.

We were allowed to return to our boats on Thursday after being evacuated for a week. The boats were fine, except for Tree's boat which I heard had already been reported as listing pre flood.

It was just the access that was under water, many of us wanted to remain on our boats, but we were threatened with being arrested by the police! There was no help or organisation.

Does anyone know where Tree is, as I am very sorry to say that her boat has sunk.

We were allowed to return to our boats on Thursday after being evacuated for a week. The boats were fine, except for Tree's boat which I heard had already been reported as listing pre flood.

It was just the access that was under water, many of us wanted to remain on our boats, but we were threatened with being arrested by the police! There was no help or organisation.

I've pm'd Tree

This is horrid...If anyone has any news please keep us all posted....I was amazed how high the water got at Debdale and Crick so can only imagine what it was like a Billing.....If anyone wants to organise a work party to help her in any way please let me know. Have a Land Rover if stuff like pumps etc needs to be moved.

Cheers

Gareth

PS I agree about the auction proceeds

Dear forum friends, Tree is fully aware of what has happened and understandbly is very upset and does not want to talk about it at this stage. She thanks you all for your kindness and will be in touch when she feels able to. Sue

Thanks for that news. It is good to receive confirmation that she is (at least physically) OK.

• Greenie 1

The boat is completely submerged now. My heart goes out to Tree. I was worried sick about my boat, all my life is on my boat.

A friend who has a daughter living in a caravan on site received the same threat of arrest, even though she has a small baby. No one was told on what charge.

Another lady returned home after work to find she couldn't get on her boat, no one from Billing had bothered to phone her at work to let her know. The park manager when interviewed on radio, didn't even know the phone number of Billing Aquadrome!

Is this due to the unusual depth of water or will it be completely submerged when the flood recedes?

if i can assist in getting it back to the surface an started on the mend let me know, dinghy an another pair of hands are ready to go

What a terrible disaster for the poor tree, it's always bad to loose stuff your attached to, but to loose everything just like that is too much. I hope that as soon as the level is back to normal, some of the people that have offered their help and assistance will be able to refloat her quickly, and that she can live on her boat again one day in the not too far distant future.

My very best wishes to tree,

Peter.

Dear forum friends, Tree is fully aware of what has happened and understandbly is very upset and does not want to talk about it at this stage. She thanks you all for your kindness and will be in touch when she feels able to. Sue

Sue, please give Tree my best. As mentioned, if there's any kind of rescue or extra hands needed to help out with the raising and/ or the clear up operation, I'm not far away and more than willing to get involved.

I really liked Tree's boat, both inside and out. :(

Sue, please give Tree my best. As mentioned, if there's any kind of rescue or extra hands needed to help out with the raising and/ or the clear up operation, I'm not far away and more than willing to get involved.

I really liked Tree's boat, both inside and out. :(

Hi star,, I have passed all your messages of support to Tree..

I have only just picked up on this thread and I am gutted!

I cannot even imagine how distresing this must be. I would not want this to happen to my worst enemy but why oh why did it have to happen so such a very special person like Tree?

I will be watching this thread and hopefully if there is anything we can do to help I hope someone will report it here.

:(

My heart goes out to her right now. Hopefully it will all get sorted out really quickly for her. There are so many people here willing to help if we can :hug: