e-Bay Bargain

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Someone put their a lot of time and heart into that. If its not good enough for you, why not just shut up? What is it with some people, this need to openly ridicule things just because it's "not right" or they just don't like it. I think that's evil!

i certainly wouldn't buy it, but i agree someone else might like it and someone has had a bit of fun painting it! it dares to be different and I for one like different.

Is there a medal for that?

no, but there maybe a Uboat available! :captain:

It's not most people's idea of a "traditional" Buckby can but it's pretty and neatly decorated. I think he'll struggle to find a buyer at that price, though.

He does say that it's old - what could it have originally been used for? The handle is not typical of a boat can, also it has no lid - in fact it looks like a watering can with an abbreviated spout.

Interesting piece. I'll take it for a tenner incl. p&p.

Someone put their a lot of time and heart into that. If its not good enough for you, why not just shut up? What is it with some people, this need to openly ridicule things just because it's "not right" or they just don't like it. I think that's evil!

You don't know that, i know someone who painted up a load of old buckets and watering cans in one day flat, much worse than this and sold them at Camden market, it was a pure rip off, this might even be one of them.

a good slagging off never hurt anyone, grow up.

Not a great fan of this traditional form of canal art and I bet a few of the old boatmen perhaps also thought the same.

I much prefer constructive criticism and not qualified to comment on the painting as I could not do any better.

The painter claims to be a boater and the can and other items they are selling look well painted and ok if that’s what you want.

I much prefer constructive criticism and not qualified to comment on the painting as I could not do any better.

Your own level of ability should not preclude your criticising something. I can criticise an egg but I couldn't lay a better one.