Survey passed with flying colours - yippee..!!

Salopgal

Featured Posts

Hi all

Just wanted to give you the wonderful news that 'Delilah' passed the survey with flying colours and the surveyor rang me last night to say that he thought I really had fallen on my feet with this boat. He said the owners had clearly taken incredible loving care of the boat and he was very thorough.

I'm so relieved.

Now come the bills...

:)

Fantastic news Salopgal and what a relief even though your 'gut feeling' after meeting the owners was that it would be okay, you never fully know. Make sure you keep us posted about how things go from now.

It's all happened remarkably quickly and I bet you can't believe it. Now the fun really starts.

Good luck with yours on Sunday James. Mine is on 8th December and I'm hoping and prayng it'll be a good one. I've got to move it 6 miles and 7 locks for it to be got out of the water (its a private sale and the owner is out of the country long term), so I'm hoping we don't get a freeze over of the canal !

" Mine is on 8th December and I'm hoping and prayng it'll be a good one. I've got to move it 6 miles and 7 locks for it to be got out of the water (its a private sale and the owner is out of the country long term), so I'm hoping we don't get a freeze over of the canal !"

Mmm.... might be worth looking at the weather forecast for beginning of December unsure.gif

Thanks James - it's nail biting stuff isn't it?! Good luck on Sunday - I am really rooting for you!

K :)

It certainly is and thanks for your best wishes :cheers:

Good luck with yours on Sunday James. Mine is on 8th December and I'm hoping and prayng it'll be a good one. I've got to move it 6 miles and 7 locks for it to be got out of the water (its a private sale and the owner is out of the country long term), so I'm hoping we don't get a freeze over of the canal !

Thanks :cheers: . Good luck with yours too and lets hope it's a mild December for us all.

I'm planning to move my new purchase 53 miles to Barton Turns Marina just before Christmas. Would of arrived earlier but unfortunately due to a stoppage at Park Gate lock, number 40 is closed until the 21st of December. Hoping like yourself we're not frozen in :rolleyes: I will keep looking online at the stoppages and move as soon as I can.

Thanks. :cheers: James.

Edited by canals are us?

Hi all

Just wanted to give you the wonderful news that 'Delilah' passed the survey with flying colours and the surveyor rang me last night to say that he thought I really had fallen on my feet with this boat. He said the owners had clearly taken incredible loving care of the boat and he was very thorough.

I'm so relieved.

Now come the bills...

Good news. Don't forget to treat mum.

Steve

Good news. Don't forget to treat mum.

Steve

Good point - I'll try to!

Was down at Swanley today, and drove past Delilah - she does look v.good - congratulations. (are you staying at Swanley?)

Thanks for that - how lovely that you saw her! I drove by there yesterday and didn't pop in and wish I had. I think she's still in dry dock, not sure.

I'll leave her at Swanley till March and then by then I should have a better idea of when the divorce settlement is happening and try to sell our house. I don't think I can live aboard until I can afford to buy her off Mum. Not sure at the mo, anyway. Thanks for posting, you've really cheered me up this evening!

K :)

Hi all

I'm so relieved.

Now come the bills...

:) enjoy and happy times always :)

Thanks Chris, that's good of you to say. I think you are right and I hadn't seen it that way. I do hope I don't become a financial drain on my parents for too long though. Here's hoping the divorce is plain sailing and the sale of our house the same. I'm ready to say goodbye to these bricks and mortar that I thought I would only ever be taken out of in a box - the time is right to leave, it so is...

Right, I'll give this whole 'going to sleep' thing a go - grrrr, brain woefully active but the rest of me is so weary... :banghead: