Here we go here we go here we goofed

dominicebs

Featured Posts

Survey done, money paid and the 58 ft Aotearoa is now mine. Moored up in ellesmre and can't bring her down here till February but then will be living aboard. Now busy getting rid of "stuff" which is rather a liberating experience

Oops just noticed the title, not goofed but a cheery goooooeeeee.

Edited by dominicebs
  • Greenie 1

Excellent news - I'm so happy for you and glad to be the first to say so. I drive thru' Ellesmere on my way to work so know that you are in a pretty part of the world!

Are there any pics of your boat on the net?

K :)

Seen some on Apollo Duck - nice boat! Love the galley set up, really practical. Nice and sleek throughout - you must be chuffed to bits!

K :)

That name is Maori for "The Land of the Long White Cloud" ie New Zealand I think isnt it?

Any way, well done & best of luck, February will soon be here!

Steve

Edit for spolling.

It is the maori name for nz, yes. It is roughly translated as land of long white cloud as you suggest

Survey done, money paid and the 58 ft Aotearoa is now mine. Moored up in ellesmre and can't bring her down here till February but then will be living aboard. Now busy getting rid of "stuff" which is rather a liberating experience

Oops just noticed the title, not goofed but a cheery goooooeeeee.

Great news and well done :cheers:

I'm glad you said the getting rid of 'stuff' was liberating because now we are on the verge of buying a boat we are about to begin the task of emptying our house ready for renting it out, and having lived here for 30 years and me being a hoarder it's going to be a huge task that I was dreading.

Hopefully I will find it liberating too !!!

Great news and well done :cheers:

I'm glad you said the getting rid of 'stuff' was liberating because now we are on the verge of buying a boat we are about to begin the task of emptying our house ready for renting it out, and having lived here for 30 years and me being a hoarder it's going to be a huge task that I was dreading.

Hopefully I will find it liberating too !!!

I'm in the process of selling stuff on Gumtree at the moment. I'm not finding it at all sad saying goodbye to my furniture, but then possessions have never meant much to me. It's people who count. I'm hoping the bed doesn't sell too quick though! :( I'm practically on first name terms with the guys at the local dump! :lol: The house is like a tip, full of boxes. I've cleared one attic and am just starting on the other. It's a job and a half I can tell you. I wish I'd started sooner! It is liberating though as it's the precursor to a new life. :cheers:

I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to junking all the junk! I've hung on to stuff my whole life and have boxes of stuff to jog my memory about the places I've been and people I've met. So I'll have to decide what I absolutely can't bear to part with, and put in Mum's attic, against the stuff that is just plain daft to keep. Can't think of an example, except perhaps clothes that are size 8!!

Oh dear...

Not familiar with Gumtree so will check that out.

It is liberating though as it's the precursor to a new life. :cheers:

I think that if/when my purchase of the boat finally goes through (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) I'll be much more motivated into getting on with it. Then I'll have a few hectic months to get it all sorted until we move aboard in Feb/March.

Congratulations. I too found it very liberating getting rid of things but stuff I didnt want to get rid of but didn't need on the boat have been left with family. I did have some lovely big pictures by a few great artists and didnt want to sell them so my friends have them displayed at their homes and I visit them - luckily admission is free. Good luck and Feb will soon be here.