More decoration by Ron Hough

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

That`s a lovely piece of Ron`s work David. I was at his place a few weeks ago and I do tend to worry about his health - but he seems in good spirits. He deserves the recognition he gets and I hope more people learn to appreciate his work while we`ve still got him. A few years ago it would have been inconcievable that boaters would not know of him and his historic relevance as well as recognizing the immense talent that can make such apparently simple work into something so special. There is so much of the canal world that is increasingly unknown to newcomers. It`s a shame.

Cheers

Phil

I agree completely Phil, but for some reason very little of his work is on the internet, and therefore unknown to many boaters. Unlike many other boat decorators, he does not have a web site and I am yet to find a site that publishes images of canal artwork, which is why I post pictures of work he has done for me on Canal World,

Fortunately every Waterways museum I have visited have examples of his work, so at least some is preserved for the future, and I will be retaining anything removeable when I sell Helvetia, but of course where his work really belongs is on a boat.

Edited by David Schweizer

I agree completely Phil, but for some reason very little of his work is on the internet, and therefore unknown to many boaters. Unlike many other boat decorators, he does not have a web site and I am yet to find a site that publishes images of canal artwork, which is why I post pictures of work he has done for me on Canal World,

Fortunately every Waterways museum I have visited have examples of his work, so at least some is preserved for the future, and I will be retaining anything removeable when I sell Helvetia, but of course where his work really belongs is on a boat.

I have quite few examplesof his work but the best is a small panel he painted for me with every combination of rose petals he uses. I want to to put it up here so others can learn from it - such things should be shared - but I don`t know how ! Help !

I have quite few examplesof his work but the best is a small panel he painted for me with every combination of rose petals he uses. I want to to put it up here so others can learn from it - such things should be shared - but I don`t know how ! Help !

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Rons work; photo by Phil.

Ronrosesred_zps547e2691.jpg