To Cheap

scrunch

Featured Posts

I would say that's pretty unfair. The 'seller' took the ad down before Ebay could act on it

Richard

Having been scammed on eBay (not to that amount) I know seconds/minutes can count...

and the ability to contact the seller still remains...

Edited by The Dog House

Well it was an attempt to publicise it, (which is what I said) - just not your attempt to publicise it. :unsure:

It was fairly quickly apparent after I posted that the ad wasn't yours, and I'm pleased you were quickly alerted to it, and have been able to get some quick action.

Thank you and sorry if my response to yours was sharp, I understand you posted before things was evident it was not our advert.

Having been scammed on eBay (not to that amount) I know seconds/minutes can count...

New scenario - You post an item for sale, I call for it to be taken down, they take it down on my word only

Doesn't work like that, does it

Richard

New scenario - You post an item for sale, I call for it to be taken down, they take it down on my word only

Doesn't work like that, does it

Richard

It's still there though along with contact details, if it's no longer available delete it...

Thank you and sorry if my response to yours was sharp, I understand you posted before things was evident it was not our advert.

No problem, I wasn't really feeling scalded!

I imagine this has been a considerable shock to you - I don't think I'd be terribly impressed if I found an advert where someone was trying to sell one of my boats at a fraction of its value, and I think you have probably been a lot calmer than I would be. :cheers:

It's still there though along with contact details, if it's no longer available delete it...

Remind me to get all of your listings deleted in future - it's clearly easy to do. After all, they don't know me from Adam so I'm sure they'll act immediately without checking

Richard

No problem, I wasn't really feeling scalded!

I imagine this has been a considerable shock to you - I don't think I'd be terribly impressed if I found an advert where someone was trying to sell one of my boats at a fraction of its value, and I think you have probably been a lot calmer than I would be. :cheers:

Ah but you never saw the ebay message I was sending to him, calm is definately not what I would call them.... :-)

Remind me to get all of your listings deleted in future - it's clearly easy to do. After all, they don't know me from Adam so I'm sure they'll act immediately without checking

Richard

I presume the scammer 'seller' has notified eBay that this item is no longer available that is how it normally works unless eBay do it, when eBay do it you get a 'this item has been removed message' no listing no pictures zilch.

At this point the listing (along with all contact details) should not be available, in my view.

Is it common for ebay accounts to be hacked?

I have been watching this item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-VOLT-PORTABLE-DIESEL-TRANSFER-PUMP-12V-FUEL-/220809374939?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:GB:1123 which was about £150 but is now £1159! It is a buy-it-now not an auction.

The seller is away for a while, have they been ''hacked'? Should I try to report my suspicions?

Regards

Ditchdabbler

Is it common for ebay accounts to be hacked?

I have been watching this item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-VOLT-PORTABLE-DIESEL-TRANSFER-PUMP-12V-FUEL-/220809374939?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:GB:1123 which was about £150 but is now £1159! It is a buy-it-now not an auction.

The seller is away for a while, have they been ''hacked'? Should I try to report my suspicions?

Regards

Ditchdabbler

It will do no harm to report it and leave it to eBay to sort it out.

I've sent questions in the past to sellers of way 'over the top' priced items before and it's been claimed it was a genuine error when setting the auction up.

Of course this seller is away and may not answer.

Edited by The Dog House

Looks a bit odd - anyone looking for one would be wise to look at 'tanksforeverything' with the usual.co etc - they are selling at a lot cheaper than the first price, let alone the second one!! and looks near identical.

Could be a genuine mistake - whoops, pig nearly had my hat off