To Cheap

scrunch

Featured Posts

Good to see you doing something useful from your mid-stream mooring :P

Richard

:lol: Its not bad round here. If I had a dingy it would be a little better.

:lol: Its not bad round here. If I had a dingy it would be a little better.

Im off to swim over to that sand place tomorrow and try get a job.

Contacted ebay and they say it has to be 24hours to investigate. Have done a message on ebay item to tell people not to be but guessing that won't be posted to the advert. We have reported the item four times. Now taken Apollo Duck advert down in the meantime. Looks like all the sellers details have been changed none of the numbers are valid. Not sure what else we can do, any ideas? PS have thanked Matty quickly but will do proper when sorted this out. Thank you

Seems to be a rather different number quoted here on the forum.....

Linky

EDITED TO ADD:

It's "the Graphics Boat" of course.

No idea what the e-Bay thing is about - some sort of attempt to publicise it, without having to pay their charges for the actual value of the boat ?

All sees a bit odd, but as owners apparently on forum, perhaps they can explain!

Not at all an advertising gimik. As if we would sell the boat that cheap! It's was on Apollo Duck for three times that! The advert is a hoax and we have been notified by another member and am trying to sort it (That account is not ours)

Looks very cheap - the old chestnut - if it looks too good to be true ....................

Builder?

Fitted out by?

Why total new kitchen (including appliances)? Fire?

Engine?

Mate of mine who knows far more about boats than I do always says it is never a waste of time to go and look at a boat - so go and have a look.

Took me so long to type, 8 posts while I did it!!!

As said it is a scam advert nothing to do with us. The advert on Apollo Duck showed All 40 odd photos and was for three times that amount with full details. We were notified by a member of this and have tried to get the advert taken down but ebay are saying 24 hours whilst they investigate!

Robyn, I don't think you have anything to worry about with your Apolloduck advert. I'd put it back up if it were me

Richard

I probably will when the panic has died down just too concerned that no one gets ripped off!

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted the information regarding the scam and our true contact information and also the text from Matty40s whom without his text we would be non the wiser, I think we owe that man a very large drink!

It happens with VW campers ALL the time on Ebay. If it's a bid type ad, we bid them up for fun. Got one up to £100K once. :)

It'll be gone tomorrow now you've reported it. Funnily they're always in Scotland and far too cheap. Usually the owner says he's abroad. Anything to discourage people from actually looking so they take a chance due to the silly cheap price. I wonder if anyone ever gets caught out by this, obvious, simple scam?

The point I was making is it is a scam .

Onion bargee do you think its going to drum up interest when someone sees it advertised at 12500 then says sorry we where just trying to get your attention its really 49000.00 I dont think so.

42 posts on here for a start, and loads of people desperately trying to call them thinking they have got a boat for peanuts, i would say yes they have drummed up attention.

wise people will see the obvious trick.

It happens with VW campers ALL the time on Ebay. If it's a bid type ad, we bid them up for fun. Got one up to £100K once. :)

It'll be gone tomorrow now you've reported it. Funnily they're always in Scotland and far too cheap. Usually the owner says he's abroad. Anything to discourage people from actually looking so they take a chance due to the silly cheap price. I wonder if anyone ever gets caught out by this, obvious, simple scam?

Hi, just to let you know I had a reply off the ebay messaging asking what I meant by saying it was a scam advert. I explained and asked them to post it if they were the real owners of the account, then went back on ebay and the advert has been removed by the seller. Result, well as long as it means no one paid a deposit first.... Thank you all again.

42 posts on here for a start, and loads of people desperately trying to call them thinking they have got a boat for peanuts, i would say yes they have drummed up attention.

Your comments are unhelpful. As said the boat owner (Me) did not know anything about this and your insinuation that we done it for extra interest is appaling!

I hardly see the 42 posts on here showing much interest, and from first post to ebay ad being removed in less than two hours is a pretty good forum by my reckoning.........

Onionbargee, do you also post for NBW??

I probably will when the panic has died down just too concerned that no one gets ripped off!

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted the information regarding the scam and our true contact information and also the text from Matty40s whom without his text we would be non the wiser, I think we owe that man a very large drink!

Relatively new here and don't even own my own boat, but, I'd just like to say I'm very impressed with the way the forum works to help each other.

Nice one:)

And glad it got sorted out so quick for you.

Not at all an advertising gimik. As if we would sell the boat that cheap! It's was on Apollo Duck for three times that! The advert is a hoax and we have been notified by another member and am trying to sort it (That account is not ours)

Well it was an attempt to publicise it, (which is what I said) - just not your attempt to publicise it. :unsure:

It was fairly quickly apparent after I posted that the ad wasn't yours, and I'm pleased you were quickly alerted to it, and have been able to get some quick action.

Another eBay FAIL though.

The auction was ended early under the 'this item is no longer available' criteria.

Not removed by eBay....

I would say that's pretty unfair. The 'seller' took the ad down before Ebay could act on it

Richard