JCB Tradesman phone. Any experience?

DaveC

Featured Posts

Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) of the JCB Tradesman phone?

Dave

Hidave i believe it to be a basic samsung model dressed up. try looking up samsung B2100. edge quad band small screen slow to text, has internet but to small to view. handy little torch and battery lasts well. about £45.00 sim free new check tescos or amazon Its a basic phone and no frills handles working life well and damp resistant hope this helps

I have seen one being dropped in a pint of larger and then called, the vibrations put a head on the pint!

The bloke then threw it hard on the floor and it just bounced. If you want a phone that is tough then this is it, if you want a smart phone then this isn't it!

Hidave i believe it to be a basic samsung model dressed up. try looking up samsung B2100. edge quad band small screen slow to text, has internet but to small to view. handy little torch and battery lasts well. about £45.00 sim free new check tescos or amazon Its a basic phone and no frills handles working life well and damp resistant hope this helps

I've had a Samsung B2710 for a couple of years, slightly dearer than the 2100, haven't broken it yet. Good loud polyphonic ringtone, excellent torch, good battery life (still).

I think there's a newer JCB branded phone, though, might be what the OP is asking about?

Tim

Edited by Timleech

I bought my partner a Samsung Waterproof phone, it's not fancy, it has a basic camera and he can receive email on it, good enough for him though. It is very tough. I also bought him one of those float keyrings (you know the one with the little float on a string) and he's attached it to the phone so if he drops it in he can retrieve it.

Bought one, sent it back after 24 hrs for a refund. It just felt and looked like something my five year old grandson would play with.

Bought a Nokia 3720 and it is great - unbreakable, waterproof and works like a Nokia. Only problem is it does not float. I know exactly where it is but need a frogman to retrieve it for me!

Seriously though, I liked it enough to replace the sunken one with an identical model. Still got it, looks a bit scratched but works fine. I'm just a bit more careful getting on the boat at our permanent mooring. (The permanent mooring with a phone under it).

The JCB was reviwed in one of the canal mags a while ago. The best thing about it is that it floats, I think I saw it advertised as the only mobile which does, that has got to be a great big plus I think as it also makes phone calls. You can probably guess I'm not a gadget fan, I only want a phone to make phone calls not to spend all day gazing at it, pressing buttons on it, checking it, photgraphing things with it.

Steve

I normally kill 2 phones per year. I have had the B2100 for just under 2 years now. Its tough as old boots. Its been covered in petrol a good few times (due to stihl's new chainsaw fuel caps that are crap). It fell into a 1m3 builders bag (double size) as we were filling it with logs. It was only when we were finished that I spotted it was missing. Tipped bag out & there it was. Its been in the mud so often I have lost count. Pockets full of dust dont faze it. I use the torch nearly everyday. Been dropped more times than I can remember. I am seriously considering getting a new one when this contracts up.

And if your old Bins are getting a bit weak there's the ''Simple-Sam BIG BUTTON'' mobile phone with huge great numbers printed on the keys, you can see em a mile away. No camera though. £44-90p. :mellow:

ps. It has a built in FM wireless and torch. A very loud ring tone in case your a bit mutton Geoff. And a special alarm button too. :closedeyes:

Edited by bizzard

And if your old Bins are getting a bit weak there's the ''Simple-Sam BIG BUTTON'' mobile phone with huge great numbers printed on the keys, you can see em a mile away. No camera though. £44-90p. :mellow:

ps. It has a built in FM wireless and torch. A very loud ring tone in case your a bit mutton Geoff. And a special alarm button too. :closedeyes:

Sorry what did you say ?clapping.gif