Cooking tip

bizzard

Featured Posts

If whilst boiling up spuds and peas for dinner into which you intended bunging in some mint to make em minty and flavoursome only to discover that you haven't got any. Mmmm, you've no mint growing in pots on your roof, the shops are all closed and all your hungry guests having read your menu and are waiting in mouthwatering anticipation for ''lamb chops with minted spuds and peas'', restlessly thumping knife and fork on the table, don't panic, an easy peasy solution is to nip into the bathroom for the tube of toothpaste and on returning to your galley and with your back to your guests ''what the eye doesn't see'' surrruptishousely give the old boiling peas n spuds a good old squirt of it, about a 4inch squirt to each pan'll do fine.

I can't stress the importance of not allowing your guests see you perform this feat of inituative though or there'll be an uproar and nobody will eat their dinner,''this happened to me once'' everyone gets the severe hump about it and its no use trying to appease and explain to em that its harmless but very tasty and that Chris Bonnington did it to his spuds on top of Mt. Everest in 1966, no you may even have to feed em with the smoked salmon you were saving for yourself when everyone's gone home instead. :)

Oh i nearly forgot, it obviously needs to be mint toothpaste, Pepsodent, or Signal with the minty stripes in it is nice. bizzard.

okay I tried it......Euthymol turns the spuds a lovely pink!

Then don't buy toothpaste with the Euthymol stuff in it. :rolleyes: I never noticed that ''Pink peas n spuds''when i did it,nor did Chris Bonnington mention pink spuds'n'peas in his book, perhaps he had his snow goggles on at the time though and couldn't see properly. :closedeyes:

Oh i nearly forgot, it obviously needs to be mint toothpaste, Pepsodent, or Signal with the minty stripes in it is nice. bizzard.

Cracking idea, bizz! A meal that leaves your dinner guests with full stomachs, fresh breath, and quite possibly a whiter smile!

Would mouthwash be okay if you're running low on toothpaste?

Cracking idea, bizz! A meal that leaves your dinner guests with full stomachs, fresh breath, and quite possibly a whiter smile!

Would mouthwash be okay if you're running low on toothpaste?

Thanks. If its minty why not. Or even Polo's or mint imperials would do if anyone doesn't brush their teeth with paste. Soot from your chimney makes good toothpaste, Flu ''Fluoride''in it.