Swanley Bridge Marina

Gibbo

Featured Posts

Anyone been moored at Swanley Bridge Marina since it opened or since the very early days?

Anyone remember the original manager (that they fell out with and sacked) and a certain arrangement regarding 3 months in advance, in advance?

I can't find my original paperwork (why would I? It was many years ago).

Anyone been moored at Swanley Bridge Marina since it opened or since the very early days?

Anyone remember the original manager (that they fell out with and sacked) and a certain arrangement regarding 3 months in advance, in advance?

I can't find my original paperwork (why would I? It was many years ago).

We moored there for two years in the early days and only remember "Liz" in the office. We paid our mooring fees 3 months in advance but that's about all I remember. Don't know if that helps you.

We moored there for two years in the early days and only remember "Liz" in the office. We paid our mooring fees 3 months in advance but that's about all I remember. Don't know if that helps you.

I was before Liz's time. Ta anyway.

I was there in the early days. I remember the original manager, his name was Kay. He was involved with the construction and was to become the marina manager on completion. I recall he left suddenly and unexpectedly but don't know the reason why. He always seemed a decent and helpful bloke whenever I spoke to him. I don't understand your mention of the 3 months in advance - was this some kind of problem? By the way, were you moored at Nantwich Basin prior to Swanley?

We have been moored at Swanley since it opened in 2006 the deposit was £250.00 which was the first year service charge.The mooring fee was £27.00/ft per year plus VAT based on pontoon length, plus £250.00 service charge. Mooring fees are 3 months in advance.

Edited by Dalesman

We have been moored at Swanley since it opened in 2006 the deposit was £250.00 which was the first year service charge.The mooring fee was £27.00/ft per year plus VAT based on pontoon length, plus £250.00 service charge. Mooring fees are 3 months in advance.

This is where the fun appears to be. Different people seem to be under different impressions of what they're being charged for, and when.

I don't understand your mention of the 3 months in advance - was this some kind of problem?

It might be. Can't say too much at the moment.

By the way, were you moored at Nantwich Basin prior to Swanley?

I was indeed.

Just as an aside. We popped into Swanley last year to do a bit of catch up on the wash front after being out for a while. We were directed to the visitor mooring to the rear of the offices. The general facilities were very good.

The morning we left to continue our cruise saw the pontoon damp from an overnight shower. This made it very slippery and unfortunately my O.H. whilst untying the bow rope slipped and fell in, resulting in a nasty cut to her leg. The office staff were very good, but obtaining the accident book was more problimatical but eventually it was located. Flicking through earlier entries saw that slippy pontoons were the main contributor to accidents, one incident involving a mother and baby!

I understand that maintainance/cleaning of the pontoons was down to the moorers, but on a visitor mooring?

Just as an aside. We popped into Swanley last year to do a bit of catch up on the wash front after being out for a while. We were directed to the visitor mooring to the rear of the offices. The general facilities were very good.

The morning we left to continue our cruise saw the pontoon damp from an overnight shower. This made it very slippery and unfortunately my O.H. whilst untying the bow rope slipped and fell in, resulting in a nasty cut to her leg. The office staff were very good, but obtaining the accident book was more problimatical but eventually it was located. Flicking through earlier entries saw that slippy pontoons were the main contributor to accidents, one incident involving a mother and baby!

I understand that maintainance/cleaning of the pontoons was down to the moorers, but on a visitor mooring?

We were there from Easter to August this year. I must say thats a big downfall for that place. Pontoons green with slime and covered in goose shite. I also have a scar for life after slipping down the side of our boat.

I've looked back at my records about mooring fees. There was a £250 deposit which I paid to reserve a mooring. £125 of this was deducted from the first three months mooring fees (i.e. approx Aug to Oct 2006) and the balancing £125 was deducted when paying the first three months of 2007 (i.e. Jan to March 2007). I agree with Dalesman's figures about the cost per foot and paying 3 months in advance.